Buy Sell Trade Audio Equipment > Looking for something special?

Highly Interested: Ribbon-tweetered Monsters - Legacy Focus, Whisper

<< < (2/3) > >>

Slim-Shaddy:
Legacy Focus have always been my dream speakers ( I don't have nearly enough room for the Whispers or Helixes). I heard Mike's (Tom's) Classics and they are great even though they are first or second generation. I heard a newer pair at the old shop and they were even better. I was able to compare them side by side with a pair of Polk SDA SRS's and they made the Polks sound like garbage speakers. Good luck on your search. On a side note, does this mean you are passing on the Carvers? I have a curmudgeonly old hifi shop owner interested in them.

MacGeek:
I need to do some research on the whole Legacy line and history to narrow the search.  As I travel about with work, I will make it a point to catch a listen.  The bass issues sound like standing waves and if so, are not a fault of the speaker.

Falcon:
Mine are the Signature, not the classic., And the couple of guys that heard mine, heard them in a small bedroom.  They are now in a bigger room at my new place.  Hooked up to the BEST amp I have heard...  The sound is second to none..
  I know some Maggies are pretty good, but,I.M.O. They can not match the dynamics of a pair of any of the Legacy line, old or new...

Slim-Shaddy:

--- Quote from: Falcon on October 16, 2013, 12:15:44 AM ---Mine are the Signature, not the classic., And the couple of guys that heard mine, heard them in a small bedroom.  They are now in a bigger room at my new place.  Hooked up to the BEST amp I have heard...  The sound is second to none..
  I know some Maggies are pretty good, but,I.M.O. They can not match the dynamics of a pair of any of the Legacy line, old or new...

--- End quote ---

Aren't they basically the same as the Classics? I know they are the Reel to Reel brand, but they look very similar to the Classics.

Falcon:
They are the original Bill Dudleston design Legacy Signature.  The classic is very similar, but, they have a rear woofer and tweeter. Mine have down fire woofer, and no rear tweeter. The silly thing is, the Classic is based on the Original Signature..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version