Author Topic: Moving sale  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Moving sale
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
I'm consolidating down to one system. The following is for sale:

SPEAKERS
-Polk LSI 25s. Cabinets are a little rough, grills need mended (the frames are cracked, but they stay on the speakers), and the power cords were cut and replaced with lamp wire. Functionally perfect. I had to replace a tweeter and a resistor when I got them. With a little work they can be in excellent shape. $400
-JBL Control 29av-1. These are outdoor speakers. I had to replace a diaphragm when I got them. They are in great shape. $200

PREAMP
-Onkyo Grand Integra P308. One set of outputs need rca jacks replaced. I just use the variable output set. The front door to the tone controls etc. is a little wonky and so is the phono button. Functionally perfect and an excellent sounding preamp. $150

AMPS
-Carver TFM-25. Cover is slightly dented and it needs new bulbs. I put red LEDs in it, but I think I got the polarity wrong for one and only one side lights up. Has has the service bulletin done by Tom. $250
-Bryston 3B. I think there is a problem with the switch. Sometimes when you power it up, the right channel doesn't stay on. If you turn it off and back on (sometimes more than once) it fixes the problem. I have a replacement switch from bryston, just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I just leave it on all the time. Some scratches. Excellent sounding amp. I had it gone over by Falcon, and he replaced a bunch of caps with high quality replacements. $450

CD PLAYERS
-Denon DCD 1520. Very good condition. No remote, but a universal will work. I used a Harmony. $80
-Sony 308ESD. Very good condition. Will need a belt eventually (door closes slowly). With original remote. $80

TURNTABLES
-Yamaha YP-211. Good condition. Wish Shure cart and new stylus. $100
-Technics SL-1200. Good condition. Modded with a Litz rewire, rca jacks, and IEC jack. Sounds awesome! $500 without cart, $600 with a lightly used Audio Technica AT440mla

CASSETTE DECK
-Teac W990RX. One of the best double decks ever made. Has B,C and DBX. No remote. $100

I think that's it for now. Let me know,
Sparky
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:38:13 PM by Rest lame brats »
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Moving sale
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
PM sent.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline sk1335

• Frank Lloyd Wrong
  • Play it loud, Play it often!
    • Dimension Design Services
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Ed,
How about some photos of the Polks?
Family Rm: Carver Lightstar 2.0, Carver C-19, Sony CDP x777es, NHT 3.3, Yamaha PF 800 TT
Garage: Carver Lightstar 2.0, Carver C-19, Sony CDP 707esd, Denon DP-51 TT, JBL L5 (JL Audio Modded)
Living Rm: Harman-Kardon 775 Monoblocks, Apt Holmann Pre

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
Well, I tried correcting the orientation of the pics on photobucket, but it apparently didn't work...

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
PM sent
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...