General Banter > Audio Geek Meeting!!!

Audio Geeks meeting 2/1/14

<< < (15/15)

MacGeek:
Jim,

Thanks for hosting a great party last night.  Met some folks and heard some new to me music.  I took at least one picture of Pepe eating pizza.

Klaus

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on February 02, 2014, 01:50:33 AM ---You know, I don't think I saw anyone taking pictures.

I had a very nice time.   Many thanks to our host.   It was a pleasure to meet you, Jim.

--- End quote ---

Good group of peeps gathered in the garage listening to CDs and vinyl.  The CDs were played on a DBX DX5 - interesting player (recently recapped by Tom and team) with an 'ambience' DSP control that feeds difference signals to the left and right to create a spaciousness effect, DAIR - a transient-enhancing DSP trick, and Compression,  to control dynamic range (never saw any of them before on a CD player).   Ed's famous SL1200 was there replacing the Thorens,  which is now for sale.  It sounded great as expected. 

Other folks (Anders plus other folks) were upstairs with the higher end system and the amazing Clearaudio turntable and KEF speakers.  Good meeting!!

I stayed close to the pizza:

Jim Pittsburgh:
Thanks everyone for coming! Had a great time
At my own party, which is unusual lol. Really
Appreciated everyone bringing some great music
To share... Very cool! And I didn't have to eyeball
Everything... Lots of trust there lol !  And thanks to
All for treating my non audio geek friends so well! 

Jim Pittsburgh:
And guys , you do not have to wait for a party to come by for
A listen, as long as you bring some tunes to share.

Anders:
Thanks, I enjoyed the party.
Hope you like the CDs I gave you.
Let me know if you have any questions about any of them.

Anders

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version