Audio Discussion > You Gotta try this on your system...

Live Music

(1/8) > >>

confused:
I have a weakness for live recordings, some of which seem to really capture a moment in history.  Also, I think you get a better feel for the music without all the over dubbing and technical tricks performed in the studios.  Thought some of you might like to suggest some great live recordings you listen to. 

Two of my favorites are Little Feat, Waiting for Columbus (Rhino/Hot Tomato CD), and The Allman BROS, Live at the Fillmore (SACD).

On vinyl I have long been hooked Jimi Hendrix/Otis Redding Live at the Monterrey Pop.  I originally bought this in my youth (99 cents in the cutouts, remember them) for the Hendrix cuts, but was totally blown away by Reddings performance.

BB3:
Dale, here are some that I suggest........

1.) Pink Floyd---Pulse
2.) David Gilmour---Live In Gdansk
3.) James Taylor---I Forget The Name,Sorry. The One That Was Issued In 1993(Double CD)
4.) Maxwell---MTV Recordings
5.) Alicia Keys---MTV Recordings

confused:
BB3,

I would be interested in all but 1 of your suggestions.  I cant help but think that JT concert (from the amphitheater with the tree people, Neil Young has a live show in the same venue) is the 1 everyone used for demo at the beginning of this whole surround thing (and I forget the title too).  I really had enough of it back then.  I have seen both James and Livingston Taylor, and not real crazy about either (All their music sounds the same to me and not enough tempo changes).

Though I cant help but sing along with "I'm a dump truck baby".

And how could I forget "Live Rust".  Also Neil get a lot of respect from me for pushing high rez audio when it was noot popular.

rgpit:
Here are a few good ones.

Santana: Sacred Fire - Live In South America
Ricky Lee Jones: Naked Songs
Rolling Stones: Stripped
Nirvana: Unplugged in New York  

Ron

Reverend:
"Friday Night in San Francisco" - Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin and Paco DeLucia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page