Audio Discussion > CARVER

Sunfire True MKII need help

<< < (3/4) > >>

StephenWVU:
I'm surprised no one has recommended a JL replacement driver.  Am I out of the loop?

MuchAfraid:
Hi guys, I havent been online till just now, I called a friend, he said if it has a low humm, then the capacitors were on the way out, and if I dont get them replaced , when they go, it will take out other stuff, then the amp is toast.. is that true? he wanted like 270 to fix it for me. =( I will try taking out the driver in the morning, I also bought a super JR sunfire sub off ebay it came yesterday, it is in better shape and sounds good, no humm, but I did notice some small cracks in the surround next to the cone, though now all the way through yet,, is there anything I could do to prevent the surround from completely cracking on it?  and to MR OCCD how much $ would that driver cost ? I called ebay and told them what happened, they had me file a claim, and the seller wanted me to send a picture of the box, incase the sub got damaged during shipping... There was no big holes or anything, but the seller did say there was no funny noises before they shipped it.

MuchAfraid:
Im a single dad with a 5 yr old girl so my hands are full , and I forget stuff, I forgot to say, Im from south of morgantown by like 45 min.  :)

MuchAfraid:
OH yeah I did call parts express too, they said they were sold out of the Hivi drivers for 150, but he got a new line one from RE audio with 24 mm xmax  and it would work, when I asked what the fs, res frequency was he didnt have the info, So I looked it up , and turns out its 30, I am not an expert, but I heard for home Audio, you want the Fs to be closer to 25 or less.

MuchAfraid:
Subwoofer sunfire mkII woofer vibration

This is a video I took with my old phone of a frequency test from 200hz down. I noticed alot of extra noise around 70 to 80 hz as well as around 44. but overall it sounds bad =P   I did notice if I touch the cone slightly It seems to diminish the bad vibrations, being that its a flat cone, I wonder how its attached to the coil. I will know in a bit when I take it apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version