The Home Theater Corner > List your HT system

garage system: the man cave!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Anders:
i'm afraid i'm a moving coil kinda guy.
I got spoiled by the very clean and detailed highs which can sound absolutely beautiful with some records and downright hard and edgy with some really bad records.

schwarcw:
Very nice Jim!  The equipment list is an impressive list of some good but eclectic gear.  I would really like to hear it one day!  How about some pics?????

Regards,

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: Jim Pittsburgh on June 28, 2014, 11:24:15 AM ---This one has Litz wire terminated directly thru the headshell and to female RCAs on the back

--- End quote ---

Next time I'm over, I'd like to take a good look at that.   I want to do the same and can use ideas for mounting the jacks.

Resident:
Personally I like the AT carts.  I hear that a lot from people that have either adjusted or are used to Shure carts that the AT carts are bright.

I currently have an AT440mla on my Mission turntable and I couldnt ever understand where people got the notion that the AT is a bright sounding cart.

I can say that it made my Shure Hi Track I had sound muddy in comparison.  Though that is apples and oranges.

Jim Pittsburgh:
for me cartridge selection and sound usually comes down to the system.....  in this one, I think it's the phono input/ circuit  in the Marantz SR6007 that's a little bright already and it magnifies the AT. The V15xMR with the SAS stylus is pretty sweet though... noticed no loss of highs or detail at all.... just a little flatter response. I need to try the Jolida phono preamp one of these days, but I hate to remove it even temporarily from the main system.

The interconnects might also be contributing. I've tried three different sets and the best so far have been an old set of Monster 850i .... the tt is about 5.5 ft from the receiver so I can't try any of the better 1 meter ones I have....  The system is mounted on wire shelves in the garage....and keeping things out of harms way and yet still accessible is a compromise.... lol   I actually use my garage to work on projects, cars and bikes... and yet still keep both bikes and both cars inside.... it is a pretty big and deep garage thank goodness.... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version