The Home Theater Corner > Media

XBMC App

<< < (2/7) > >>

Reverend:

--- Quote ---By this do you mean movies, or does this include TV shows and sporting events as well?
--- End quote ---

Music, movies, live/recorded TV shows, all sports.  It came in very handy at CF, we watched a lot of movies to celebrate talk like a pirate day.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Wow.   I'll have to look into this.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I went to their site and found this...

Disclaimer: XBMC does not provide any media files itself. You either must own all audio and video files through a legal way or you can use the add-ons that can be found in the XBMC.org official repository. We will not assist or be held responsible for any way you obtain your media files.

Could someone elaborate for me where the content comes from?   Their "about" page left me with more questions than answers.

I do know this; I've had my fill of Verizon and all of the other price fixers.   What costs about $20 a month in Europe is over a C here.   If I can find a convenient way to get rid of them I am so much more than happy to.

treos33:
I use plex which is a fork of xmbc that is no longer open source. Plex seems to offer and cleaner and easier to use interface in my opinion but I never used XMBC extensively. I have a computer with all of my media running plex server 24/7 and I have chromecasts connected to both TVs. Using the plex app from my phone I can stream media to either TV pretty seamlessly. This set up is also possible with subsonic to stream music, I just need to set aside sometime to get it set up.

Highly recommend.

MasterBlaster:
There are ports of xbmc for many platforms other than Xbox. I'm running  a distribution on raspberry pi (a pc the size of a playing card deck) known as OpenELEC. It's currently running as a upnp renderer to stream music to the patio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version