Author Topic: F Paypal  (Read 1665 times)

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
F Paypal
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »
This does not look good,

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-we-the-undersigned-hereby-petition-paypal-to-exempt-sales-of-vintage-and-antique-goods-from-the-upcoming-november-18-2014-policy-update

"Effective Date: November 18, 2014

We encourage you to carefully review this Policy Update to familiarize yourself with all of the changes that are being made to the PayPal User Agreement. These updates will be posted at least 30 days prior to their effective date. These changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective November 18, 2014. If you use PayPal after the date these changes become effective, we will take that usage as your consent to the changed terms.

Dispute Filing Window
We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5."

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: F Paypal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
Well that sucks.

"Here, you can use this for half a year, if you don't wanna pay just cancel payment around then, it's all good" - Paypal

Dicky

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »
Sounds like bullshit to me.  Ebay will suffer in the end, but not nearly enough to care.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »
It's all about the interest.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 07:59:20 PM »
That's absurd! PayPal has gotten too big for their own good.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »
Caveat venditor.

180 days is absurd. I really don't mind waiting weeks for my money or paying their fees. This, on the other hand, may make me turn elsewhere. I don't see how the legitimacy of a claim can be validated half a year later.

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 06:38:57 AM »
I gots some selling to do ASAP!
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9