Audio Discussion > DIY

Record storage units

(1/4) > >>

scorpio333:
I either have a record acquiring issue or a storage issue. Opinions vary, but that's a domestic argument for another timeā€¦

Not so long ago everything fit in the compartment on top. When that got filled up I cobbled together the bottom shelves. I quickly learned that bookcase style storage was not for me. I like flipping more than pulling out and fighting with plastic covers. So I removed the two shelves (the non stained evidence is still there), put one shelf in the middle and ripped the other for the vertical front. Started putting records back in and quickly found it's not anywhere deep enough to store what I have, or provide room for new acquisitions. Next couple of weeks I plan to construct one about 6" deeper, 4 bins across and 3 tall. My excellent math skills says that should fit the corner of the room perfectly.

I remember seeing one at the old shop, which looked like the famous storage bin using one 4' x 8' sheet. Interested to see what others have for storage. Good, bad, or ugly.

I probably should have staged better albums in the front for the pic

StephenWVU:
I need some better record storage.  I have a great analog rig and am licking the records because up until very recently I had 0 record storage.  Now I have some more which I plan to fill but what you have seems to be more what I want.  That and a record cleaner!  :P

scorpio333:
I built a crude record cleaner using a flooded out turntable, piping, hockey puck, section of kitchen counter top, scrap wood, and a edge vacuum tool. Ain't pretty, but cleans them up.

Anders:
I need parts to rebuild my VPI 16.5.
Haven't used it in years and it smells like mold.
Particle board has puckered.

RnR:
I really like your storage rack, it's like a mini record store right in your living room, super cool.  Most storage I'v seen/owned holds the sleeve so that you're looking at the spine, and as we all know the spine printing is either beat, or hard to see/read when next to 500 others. Jealous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version