Author Topic: speaker caps  (Read 6387 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: speaker caps
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »
The caps are in, resistors haven't arrived. I did one speaker and hooked it back up. Much cleaner clarity. Listening from six inches away revealed much less "full range" from each driver. Finished the second and hooked it up, I'm happy. The sound isn't harsh or overbearing.

The 200 hour burn in countdown is on I suppose. While that theory or science is split on real or not, All I can say is if my speakers sound better to my ears in 200 hours bring it on!

Info have a question on the burn in. is it 200 hours at audible volume? Mid? Loud? Not likely to let them run for 8 1/2 straight days. Just curious.

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
That's just......no.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 01:31:35 AM »
Info have a question on the burn in. is it 200 hours at audible volume? Mid? Loud? Not likely to let them run for 8 1/2 straight days. Just curious.

As long as the drivers are producing sound the caps are charging and discharging, which means they are burning in. You can throw a heavy blanket over them to muffle the sound if you want.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

SunnyDaze

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

As long as the drivers are producing sound the caps are charging and discharging, which means they are burning in. You can throw a heavy blanket over them to muffle the sound if you want.

Or you could wire them with opposite polarities, run them in mono, and place them facing one another under the blanket. That'll make even less "noise".