Audio Discussion > CARVER

What's The Verdict Matt (Paden501) ?

(1/10) > >>

BB3:
What's Your Thoughts On Having The Carver TFM-25 Hooked Up To Your Polk Audio SDA's ? Did You Get To Do Any Serious Listening Yet With This Combination ?

I'm Dying To Know ;) ;D------BILL(BB3)

paden501:
I've only done about 2 hours of listening so far.  I've got a full review coming but not until I get a chance to really crank it up. 

So far I can say that the 25 brings the bass home a lot better than the Hafler, but I feel like it's a little less open.  I noticed in a few songs I can hear background singers and instruments a lot 'bigger' with the hafler than the 25. 

More to come.

Slim-Shaddy:
I'm sure you'll like the 25. I'm liking my 22 quite a bit. Going from a dh220 @ 115wpc to the 25 at 225 is quite a boost in power. I know those polks pretty well, and I know they love power. I grew up listening to a pair of sda 1s powered by a hafler dh500 (rated 255 wpc bench tested at 308) and they gobbled up the juice and asked for more. I for-see you picking up another 25 and running one per polk ;).

BB3:
Hmmmm, that's interesting Matt. That just goes to show that your Hafler is no slouch. ;)

I'd love to see you do what King-Edwin is suggesting(running 2 TFM-25's), but I don't believe that will be possible due to the lack of having bi-amp provisions on your particular SDA's. I could be wrong though. ???

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this matter, Matt.-------BILL(BB3)

Slim-Shaddy:

--- Quote from: BB3 on January 21, 2010, 01:18:38 PM ---

I'd love to see you do what King-Edwin is suggesting(running 2 TFM-25's), but I don't believe that will be possible due to the lack of having bi-amp provisions on your particular SDA's. I could be wrong though. ???

--- End quote ---

Even if there's no biamp capability, you could always just run the amps in mono for buku power :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version