Author Topic: Optimus LX-8's  (Read 1833 times)

Offline GraphicFX

• Double Secret Probation!
Optimus LX-8's
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:42 PM »
Just scored a pair of shack LX8's with linaeum Tweets and 8" peerless woofer.  nearly mint, with original boxes from our very own EmperorNorton.  Real nice fella. Didn't even hook them up till long after he left. We just sat around and bullshitted.

Anyone in the future wanting to purchase from him. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks Mike for a great sale.
Andrew

Below is a pic taken from the web.
Main system
Pre-amp: Adcom GTP-350
Main Amplification: Crown PS-400
Surround Amplification: Crown PS-400
Mains: Polk SDA-2B Studio
Rear fill: Polk RTA-12
Subs: (3) Velodyne F1200b

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Optimus LX-8's
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:43 PM »
I'll be curious to hear a review on them once you've listened for a while.   I've owned the little Linaeums in the metal cab similar to Mini 7s, but have never heard these.   There was also a short run of towers with the Linaeum and (IIRC) two 6 1/2" woofers.   I've always wanted to find a pair of those as well.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
Re: Optimus LX-8's
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:11:24 AM »
Just scored a pair of shack LX8's with linaeum Tweets and 8" peerless woofer.  nearly mint, with original boxes from our very own EmperorNorton.  Real nice fella. Didn't even hook them up till long after he left. We just sat around and bullshitted.

Anyone in the future wanting to purchase from him. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks Mike for a great sale.
Andrew

Below is a pic taken from the web.

Hey Andrew, 

You are too kind.  I am long practiced in the bullshitting, which is probably why I chose accounting as a career. (Yeah, my therapist didn't understand it either)

It's always nice meeting another Forum member and hearing their system(s).  Those Polks sounded great to my ear.   (Being totally deaf in my left ear from birth,  I am unable to experience some of the more subtle details of higher end hi-fi, but what are ya gonna do in a small town? )   

Anyway, I have no doubt you will enjoy those LX8's.

Thanks for the hospitality.  I am sure we'll do it again sometime.

And I appreciate the 'consumer seal of approval".  As the Firesign Theatre said "We aims to please."

Mike

Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers