Audio Discussion > DIY

Flame Linear 400

<< < (2/4) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
Life would be boring without the occasional need for a fire extinguisher. These things are fixable. Progressive diseases without a cure that kill humans, those piss me off, cannot fix those.

scorpio333:
I've got a pair of Genesis, I believe g2 I can't keep it all straight anymore, hooked up to the girls tv. I refoamed them after hearing your Genesis awhile back and they sound good hooked up to a newer Marantz black face ht amp. That's a shame you cooked one, I thought they sounded great. Not sure your good Genesis will fit where the current junk center is, but if the price is right I might try it out.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: OldiesButGoodies on September 11, 2016, 03:21:34 PM ---Life would be boring without the occasional need for a fire extinguisher.

--- End quote ---

Truer words were never spoken.

bmwr75:
My PL 700B had 80V on the speaker outputs the day I brought it home.

Installed the White Oak control board and Imlay speaker protect relay before ever connecting it to speaker.  Guess I'm a two rubber guy.

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote ---Guess I'm a two rubber guy.
--- End quote ---

lmao - yes you are,  good for you! 

A generous member of the forum has offered a spare epi woofer to resuscitate the Genesis (the tweeter somehow survived the 80Vs),  so I guess I will be in business again soon. 

This time I will put the relay in line before turing connecting the speakers,   be more like Scott!

OBG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version