Audio Discussion > CARVER

Baby Carver Amp Driving VMPS RM40

<< < (2/5) > >>

RnR:
The 20 watt carverfest amp was a little less dynamic than the 305's (or 350's?), which was expected, but it sounded surprisingly good.  That little thing has oomph!  fun experiment

RnR:
Pepe showing little to no respect for the lowly Provocative Percussion LP underneath the Carver  ;)

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote from: RocknRoll on December 02, 2016, 10:47:11 AM ---The 20 watt carverfest amp was a little less dynamic than the 305's (or 350's?), which was expected, but it sounded surprisingly good.  That little thing has oomph!  fun experiment

--- End quote ---

That is one of the original prototype 305s - I think the only ones in the area are Big Tom's (Huffman), Tom's  (OCCD) and Rev's.  I had a pair and traded it away.  Later Carver produced a variant called the Raven 350 that claimed 45 watts more output - I think that one is still being sold.  Not sure what Bob changed in the design to claim the higher output - from the outside the 350 and the 305 look identical.   

Yep - that was fun.  Now we need find a pair of Silver 7s to wake the RM40s with...   :P

non-prophet:
Next time, hook up those klh speakers to the 305s and watch them melt.

hewlew1:
So who owns the Carverfest amp as I recall there were serial #s issued for about 68 amps. I have 4 units myself . Angelod was the big winner that year he left the fest with 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version