Audio Discussion > Equipment Reviews

PBJ/BJ's Carver Line Source Prototypes

(1/5) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
The speakers are beautiful,  finished in black.   Listened to some Beatles and the reference standard,  Pat Barber.  A DSP 2x4  active crossover is used to pass only frequencies above 100 hz to the towers (and EQ things a bit,  I am sure),  the rest goes to a subwoofer.  They sounded as you would expect speakers in that price range to sound like:  wide/tall soundstage  and excellent imaging (Rev though it holographic), very accurate/precise,  as you would expect from a good line-source design.  So yes, I am envious - congrats PBJ! (custodian in possession). 

Audio by Jose Sifontes, on Flickr

MacGeek:
Very nice.  An outboard sub, I assume.

geoffr:
Wowie zowie!

bearjew:

--- Quote from: MacGeek on January 14, 2017, 04:38:38 PM ---Very nice.  An outboard sub, I assume.

--- End quote ---

The speakers go to about 100Hz and roll off from there.  We're using a sub, but it's just a cheap polk, as budget is a factor.  It really only tackles the super low stuff though, and it's doing the job quite well surprisingly.

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote from: bearjew on January 14, 2017, 05:26:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: MacGeek on January 14, 2017, 04:38:38 PM ---Very nice.  An outboard sub, I assume.

--- End quote ---

The speakers go to about 100Hz and roll off from there.  We're using a sub, but it's just a cheap polk, as budget is a factor.  It really only tackles the super low stuff though, and it's doing the job quite well surprisingly.

--- End quote ---

Agree, did not sense the need for anything better,  maybe change its position a bit if that.  The bass was really good even w/o the sub.   :P

OBG 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version