General Banter > Welcome Wagon

New member in Pittsburgh

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: rowedscholar on October 23, 2017, 09:52:46 PM ---As far as the LP-12 goes, right now it doesn't even turn or. The light on the on button doesn't come on when plugged in and the motor doesn't drive the wheel.

--- End quote ---

That could be as simple as a blown fuse or a desoldered wire.   I'd be happy to help you have a look at it if you like.

rowedscholar:
I no longer sing unfortunately. I stopped singing in the Bach Choir of Pittsburgh when they got a new conductor about 15 years ago and the repertoire took a decidedly modern and un-Bach-ian turn. I am impressed at your range Sir-Thrift-a-Lot. I always sang first tenor and never really struggled with the passagio either, but just as my joints and mental faculties have stiffened and are less flexible than they once were, so too have my vocal chords. My daughter is a senior in high school and we just decided we are going to start taking voice lessons this fall. She is very interested in and performs in a lot of musical theater as did I at her age. I'm hoping with a little practice, some of the vocal flexibility will return. It is very kind of you to offer to troubleshoot the LP-12. I contacted britaudio as suggested by schwarcw, but they do not repair, only re-fit/re-wire new tonearms. I did find a place in the UK which totally refurbishes and upgrades LP-12's but it is a daunting process to drop $1000 to have it brought back to life. I will definitely take you up on your offer at your convenience and may ultimately become your best paying customer.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: rowedscholar on October 24, 2017, 09:24:17 PM --- I will definitely take you up on your offer at your convenience and may ultimately become your best paying customer.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't dream of taking money for my tinkering.   I don't even promise that I can help, but I do promise not to break anything worse than it already is.   What part of town are you in?

rowedscholar:
I live in Oakland near CMU. But I do work up in Kittaning, Beaver, New Castle, Cannonsburg...in short I get around so I'm not afraid of a little drive. I've never done any tinkering myself but I'm definitely interested in experimenting. I'm not particularly talented in that area and have always been fearful to try. I'm sure its just because I don't know much about electronics and I'm intimidated by what I don't understand so I'd love to learn by watching then doing (in medicine we have a saying-see one, do one, teach one). Thanks again for your offer.
-Craig

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Sure.   I'm in Penn Hills and I work as an x-ray tech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version