The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Audio

Amazon Fire Stick and Plex for audio streaming

<< < (2/4) > >>

Comten:
Figured that I'd attach the Firestick to the Onkyo as just another HDMI device but discovered that I cannot as the AVR has no USB port - the Firestick uses an attached USB cable to power it...

Otherwise, I could not see why it wouldn't work...

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote from: Comten on January 25, 2018, 07:20:09 AM ---Figured that I'd attach the Firestick to the Onkyo as just another HDMI device but discovered that I cannot as the AVR has no USB port - the Firestick uses an attached USB cable to power it...

--- End quote ---

It would work,  that is how I use it.  Just power it from a USB cube connected to the wall.  They consume very little power,  can be left on.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I just got set up with Plex and it seems to be sending hi res files natively, but it will only do two channel.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Mine came with a wall box.   I tried using the USB on my cable box, but it gave an error that it didn't have enough power.

Comten:

--- Quote from: Comten on January 25, 2018, 07:20:09 AM ---Figured that I'd attach the Firestick to the Onkyo as just another HDMI device but discovered that I cannot as the AVR has no USB port - the Firestick uses an attached USB cable to power it...

--- End quote ---

FINALLY tried the Firestick in an HDMI port on the Onkyo - the Onkyo supports HDMI switching between the FIOS "cable box" and Sony Blu-ray, but would not "find" the HDMI port with the Firestick.

I guess I could run the F'stick navtive into the TV and use the fiber-link back to the Onkyo (which I use to send audio to Onkyo when I feel like watching an old VHS taped episode of "The It's Alive Show!"...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version