The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Audio

Considering a receiver

<< < (2/2)

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: MacGeek on April 05, 2018, 06:02:40 PM ---Thanks all for the feedback.  It seems Denon will be too frustrating for family and there may be a slight trade off in sound vs simplicity between Marantz and Yamaha.  I believe Marantz is owned by the group that owns McIntosh.  If go, is there any technology tricks down?

--- End quote ---

No.   Marantz and Denon are actually both owned by Sound United, but it seems at least so far that the R&D departments have been kept separate.   McIntosh still owns McIntosh.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
http://soundunited.com/

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Mac, did you end up pulling the trigger on anything?   I'm looking to kick the Denon to the curb (love the sound, hate everything else) and am considering Onkyo.   I've never used one of their HT amps, but their stereo stuff has a "signature sound" which is bright and clear and I think it may give my Rock Solid speakers just that bit of extra sparkle that they lack.   

MacGeek:
Hi Mark.  Thanks for thinking about me.

My need was based on a move we are making from the North to the South hills.  As it turns out, the house we bought and are rehabbing, will allow me to install the same HT gear I have in my current home.  The family room  in the new house has a similar layout as the old one, so I do not need to swap gear, for the time being.

I am not sure how my office will be configured, however, so future needs are yet to be determined and I am not sure if it will be two channel, as present, or surround.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version