Audio Discussion > DIY

Dual 721 repair

<< < (2/3) > >>

scorpio333:
Mike,

I have a good suspicion what the issue with the auto start feature. If you feel adventurous you can take a look inside. Here are instructions on how to get inside. Lock the tonearm down and remove the platter first! https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=26556&sid=22370a70826c6e07c637ab9aa0e4d987

Then look at this pic. About an 1.5 inches down from the top of the pic and 1.5 inches in from the right, you'll see a silver nut with blue loctite. That white plastic piece under the nut has a tendency to crack around the hole right under the nut. Once it does, it's no longer a "lever" and will either have lots of play when using the start lever or not work at all. That was the first thing I had to fix way back when I got mine.

If you don't want to mess with it, no problem. I'll give you a call in a few hours.

scorpio333:

--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on April 25, 2018, 10:50:15 PM ---If it were mine it would be in the bottom of the Mon by now.

--- End quote ---

Do you know a good spot to toss it in the Mon??? My patience is just about shot with this table. It's just insane how sensitive some of the screws and springs are...the gimbal on this table and the tracking force (SPRING) and then the auto start mechanism are ridiculously sensitive. I'm getting close, but still seems so far to go.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I like the Rankin Bridge.

EmperorNorton:
It's not over the Mon but like they say, you can be sure if its Westinghouse.

Kingman:
Good luck with the repair or welcome to the make a wish club!  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version