Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Turntable/subwoofer blues

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: Kingman on February 20, 2019, 12:20:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on February 20, 2019, 12:18:19 PM ---Can you wall mount your shelf?   Physical separation of the table and sub is the only real answer.   Taking the dust cover off when you play back can also be beneficial.

--- End quote ---
No, turntable is in worst place on top shelf of stereo rack which is only about a foot from sub... ::)

--- End quote ---

The whole rack acts like the soundboard of a guitar, sending vibrations into the cartridge.   If you can't move either device, your only solution is to turn off the sub when playing vinyl.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Back in the day some pres would have a subsonic filter on them.   If you could find a pre or an EQ with one that could possibly help you out some.

scorpio333:
The sorbothane should work IF the resonance is coming through the TT base. In the short term, maybe adding mass under the table can tame it? Or get real nuts and chain it from the ceiling!

If the bass is shaking the arm, I don't know of a solution for that other than turning off the sub or turning it down.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Chaining from the ceiling is basically the same as wall mounting.   I had a friend who did that in his dorm room.   It worked great.

Kingman:

--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on February 20, 2019, 02:10:42 PM ---Chaining from the ceiling is basically the same as wall mounting.   I had a friend who did that in his dorm room.   It worked great.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately past the dorm phase 🎶

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version