Author Topic: The necessity of change  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: The necessity of change
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »
She had no idea I was taking the pic. She was comfortable until I shot the pic, then she got pissed, so I guess you were both right...  ;D
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 03:51:44 AM »
If she didn't get pissed about the picture, she'd find something else to get pissed about.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 06:17:08 AM »
If she didn't get pissed about the picture, she'd find something else to get pissed about.

OH BOY!!!! THAT IS SOOOOO BADD!!!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

SunnyDaze

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
Oh I wasn't being specific to her.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »
she'd find something else to get pissed about.
Sorry!!! Looks pretty incrimating to me..... :D
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 08:51:52 PM »
As a guy who once loved 8-track tapes, I have no problem with SACD, VD-A, BluRay, etc.

For audio, I see it as a small market where the TAMS and the HIRRLL will never be available.  You can't even buy the BEATLES there.

Those are good formats if you have a collection, but for guys starting out, the best way to go is 'COMPUTER AUDIO' as it will not be dated any time soon.  (it changes and improves everyday)  Here are my thoughts on it:  http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap/2010/08/computer-audio-for-everyone.html

More each day sound is not stereo, and computer audio is the only way to keep up.

Personally, stereo has entertained me for years, and I see no reason to change, but I do use a computer as my transport.

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »
As a guy who once loved 8-track tapes, I have no problem with SACD, VD-A, BluRay, etc.

For audio, I see it as a small market where the TAMS and the HIRRLL will never be available.  You can't even buy the BEATLES there.

Those are good formats if you have a collection, but for guys starting out, the best way to go is 'COMPUTER AUDIO' as it will not be dated any time soon.  (it changes and improves everyday)  Here are my thoughts on it:  http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap/2010/08/computer-audio-for-everyone.html

More each day sound is not stereo, and computer audio is the only way to keep up.

Personally, stereo has entertained me for years, and I see no reason to change, but I do use a computer as my transport.

Especially with a good quality external DAC!
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
Last year I used a FUBAR I upgraded - really good sound -

This year I got a Benchmark DAC Pre.  That way I was able to do away with my preamp.

I shoot that to Sunfire Trio Ribbons and it sounds great.

and this is my outdoor system -  :P0909-------9990

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
I recently got the FUBAR IV Plus. It is a fantastic DAC/Headphone amp. (...and its rgpit approved)

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable