The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Audio

new Marantz receiver

<< < (2/3) > >>

scorpio333:

--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on August 28, 2019, 05:22:09 PM ---Speedy recovery to you both.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but...that ain't gonna happen. Another arthritis discovery and confirmation of nerve impingement. Both in lower back. Getting older ain't no fun sometimes.

gdv:
Been out of the loop some...  Life, kinda' gets in the way...

Jim, wish you the best with your new Marantz...

Jim & Sean, hope & pray for relief from some of the pain...

George

Jim Pittsburgh:
Just wanted to provide an update....  The new receiver , an SR8012 , is kicking butt and taking names. Functionally it took a while to figure everything out, including one hard reboot lol. Very happy with it, It has plenty of power, for the eight surrounds and an amazing amount of flexibility. The new speakers which are for front height and wide surrounds are KEF E301s, they match the acoustic signature of the other speakers in the room and are perfect for the job.  I find it amazing that I had a little foresight when I built the room and wired everything to those positions lol   I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like music in surround mode. The new speakers really do make watching movies much more immersive.  Stop by for a listen!

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: Jim Pittsburgh on September 09, 2019, 05:41:27 PM --- I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like music in surround mode.

--- End quote ---

I've been preaching the surround music gospel for a couple years now.   I just had Rural Tom over for a listen and he seemed to enjoy the experience.   He didn't gush over it like Pepe did, but seemed to enjoy it never the less.

Jim Pittsburgh:
I can appreciate stereo, but find surround much more realistic.  Glad we have room here for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version