The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Audio

Another request for recommendations for smallish 4K AVR please

(1/4) > >>

Comten:
Hello all,

Read the brief threads on AVR recommendations, but my request is a bit different... my son just got a new ultra-thin-screen OLED TV and wants a modest AVR. He has no desire to use 5.1 or 7.2 capabilities at this time - literally could just use a soundbar instead, but has no room on the TV stand to set one.

As it is, he wants a compact receiver that can accept an optical input from his TV, using the receiver to drive - maybe - up to 4 speakers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

ETA - I added the 4k in the subject line as I have no idea if such a beast exists or is needed for listening purposes from a TV with a 4K picture but optical-out sound.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
If he is using the optical out from his TV, he has no need for an AVR.   The switching will all be done from his TV.   Literally any of thousands of stereo receivers will do with you need if you add a $10 optical to RCA analog converter.

I have a small Marantz receiver that I would take $100 for.    I can't remember the model number but it is 35 WPC IIRC and is beautiful.   If he wants small good sound this is just the ticket.   I also have a few different small pairs (including a quad of small JBL bookshelfs) of speakers if there is need.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
If you have any interest at all I can get you model numbers when I get home.   Just let me know.

scorpio333:
Sounds like a NR1602? If so, I've had one in use for many years and no issues.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Marantz PM 225 (stock photo)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version