General Banter > Welcome Wagon

Hello to you all

(1/1)

2252PP:
            Hi there. My name is Paul. 56 years old, I have been a music fan and equipment buff since I was about 8 years old. My dad had lots of neat equipment when I was a pup. I remember his (VERY) old Fisher receiver and Gerard turn table and Sony reel to reel he had from around 1972! After a few break ins at our house, he bought a Marantz 2230, another Gerard turntable and speakers that I cannot recall.
            After another round of break ins, he bought a Marantz 2252B, a Dual turntable (both of which I still have) and Bozak Speakers (All I remember is that they had REAL WALNUT furniture and 12" woofers) I am now trying to find pics of all the equipment I had, from my first Realistic amplifier all the way to my current Denon AV receiver. Glad to be hear. I hope I can both learn things as well as share my own knowledge.

2252PP:
One more thing. I grew up in Stamford Connecticut. Does anyone remember the names of the stereo/electronics stores in town? I remember places like County TV and Tech HiFi (Fumi Muto!!) But there were others I'm sure. Pics of the stores, receipts etc. would be so cool to see!!

MacGeek:
Welcome to the Forum!  Are you still in CT?  I lived in the Hartford area in the early 1990s and frequented the Stereo Shop on Farmington Ave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version