Audio Discussion > You Gotta try this on your system...

FM no static at all

(1/4) > >>

confused:
I was wondering, if anyone would like to discuss radio stations.  Things that would be interesting include favorite stations/tuners, how much you listen, or anything else radio.

I spend most of my time at the bottom of the dial, YEP,DUQ, QED.  Usually I spend an hour or more daily listening to radio on my home rigs.  Right now, I am hooked on Tube Tuners, though I think maybe a combination of a SS detector with Tube amplification might be the best of both worlds.

Occasionally, I even flip around the am dial as I have found that if you can find a descent signal, vintage tuners extract a listenable sound.

OCCD:
I stick to the bottom end of the dial over here. ;D Odd, I have been listening to Steely Dan the last few days. :o

thuffman03:
Living a bit north of the city I find that I don't get a very good signal.  I have a Carver TX-8 and I can pull in WDVE and some of the other higher powered stations but I have found lately that I like listening to radio stations over the internet.  The sound IMO is better.  No static, distortion or any extras that are not supposed to be there.

MasterBlaster:
Huffman, Ever tried using a good antenna?

thuffman03:

--- Quote from: Master Blaster on April 07, 2010, 02:58:00 PM ---Huffman, Ever tried using a good antenna?

--- End quote ---

I have tried several. 

Not sure if it my house or my location but the sound from radio is just not as good as I am used too.  Though it could be that my system is much better now than it was years ago and I am hearing how bad it really is.  I can get several of the higher power stations like DVE and 105.9 for Pens games but I found I like listening to them over the internet.  The sound is better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version