Audio Discussion > DIY

Ferrofluid leak repair.

<< < (2/2)

SunnyDaze:
Let me clear this up: I didn't drain the fluid. I simply cleaned the small amount that had leaked out off of the tweeter diaphragm.

The guy from Paradigm wasn't rude, but he wasn't overly accommodating either. Vague is a good word to use.

None of the Paradigm tweeters on eBay will suffice. I know they're made by Vifa, but I can't seem to find replacements online. I'm going to call Paradigm back tomorrow and see if I can order the replacement diaphragms only. I'd rather not go with an "upgrade" as I seem to prefer the sound of silk over metallic.

SunnyDaze:
I called Paradigm again today. I got a different representative, thus creating an entirely new ball game.

"Yes. We have the replacement units available for the tweeters on the 9 series Mark 3's. The diaphragms are $30 each."

"And you can just ship them to me?"

"Yes sir. This is a user serviceable part."

"I want to of 'em Utah - TWO OF 'EM."

So I ordered a pair of new diaphragms for my 9se's, as Brother Loomsie would say  it, "Yost like that". No hassle. I don't know what the deal was with the guy that I spoke to yesterday. Even their attitudes were night and day. What a difference a day makes.

F1nut:
Amazing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version