Buy Sell Trade Audio Equipment > Home Audio Equipment in the Burgh

Scott Stereomaster 222-D stereo amplifier

<< < (2/2)

NATOE:
I would love to add that with my 233 would make a great addition to all of the tube gear.But I have to ask why do you want to get rid of such a great amp/pre? Its tube you don't get any better than that.That one and other scotts are just a pain to work on but it pays off in the end.

pete

gdv:
Regarding WHY I want to get rid of it is...  I need money!  :o

This 222-D unit was removed from a Magnavox/RCA/etc. type of old consol stereo...  The bass and treble knobs are dual concentric, not separate... 

Note: I have tried to include some pics (this post and others) but am having difficulty???  How do I include pics/images?

thanks,
George

Kingman:
You can use the insert image tab on the top 2 lines or additional option link at bottom to browse for pics..... ;D

schwarcw:
Have you powered the unit up?  Connect it to a pair of speakers with about 95 dB of sensitivity and the old Scott will amaze you!

I'd love to own a Scott 130 preamp.  The 130 preamp makes the Marantz Model 7 sound like a transister radio.  These are selling for about a $1K depending on the condition.  The Marantz Model 7's are selling in the $3K - $4K range.  The price is more reflective of the collector value than the sound quality.

The Marantz 10b tuner on the other hand, I'd commit a crime to own one!! :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version