General Banter > The Tavern

HOLIDAY BEER

(1/2) > >>

OconeeOrange:
The Holiday Beers are coming out - I am a fan, but just like a taste or two as there are not many I can drink a case of in one sitting.
Most have spices and either you like that or not.  I do, and while they are not session beers - very tasty.

One just released is a strange IPA by SIERRA NEVADA they put out once a year.  Their Pale ale is almost an IPA, so each year when they put out "CELEBRATION" all should stock up.  No spices - just hops and as a 'Hop Head' - realize this is one of the best.

The best way to get into REAL beer like the Holiday versions is to volunteer your help to a friend who makes homebrew.  After you get used to the smell of raw hops and when to pitch them - you will taste them in your beer.  Then beer becomes special.

Reverend:
I love the Dogfish Chicory Stout, only available around this time.

SunnyDaze:
Gulden Draak. It's not seasonal, but every Christmas, they ship out their magnificent dark brew in frosty white bottles.

If you've never had it, and you're a dark beer person, you're killing doing yourself no justice.

MasterBlaster:
There is a mix-n-match six pack shop near
 me that carries a good selection of seasonals.

no matter what though, I always pick up a case of Anderson Valley Winter Solstice.

Here are a few others I like:

Penn St. nick
Anchor winter
Erie old red (formerly red ryder)
Sam smith winter

Kingman:
I don't drink beer..... ::) I consume it!!!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version