Author Topic: For Sale: Dodd Audio Tube Amplifier  (Read 3526 times)

Offline YSRACER

• FNG !!!
For Sale: Dodd Audio Tube Amplifier
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
For sale is a Dodd Audio tube amplifier.  Great sound quality, not "vintage tubey", very clean and accurate, suitable for medium or higher sensitivity speakers. Here are some comments from Gary Dodd:

"The 8 watt amps are push-pull Class A amps. They use a very small amount of feed back to keep them in control, the early ones did not use feeback. It helped in the control at lower frequencies.The usable bandwidth is from 14hz-55khz @1db. The tubes are 5687's or some variation of that. You can use 7044's which are my personal favs., 7119's and E182CC's will also work well in these amps. Changing tube types will change the sound of the amps, so you can virtually tune them to sound the way you like it. The amps are self bias or cathode bias, so there is nothing to do except install the tubes and listen. They use all Cardas terminations, detachable power cords. They are reliable and stable giving long life out of a set of tubes, and the tubes are easy to get and inexpensive. The transformers are designed by myself and built locally, as I can oversee the processes. The transformers are massive for 8 watt transformers, they are the same physical size as the transformers on the 50 watt amps! If you have more questions feel free to let me know. Thanks
gary"

Here's a review:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/amp/messages/2749.html

These were around $1200.00.  Mine is in very nice cosmetic condition, includes a couple sets of tubes (RCA and Tung Sol).

$500.00 plus shipping/paypal (if applicable)

Squeezebox w/Welborne Labs PS / Benchmark DAC1 / Emotive Audio Erato / Aspen Lifeforce / Speaker of the Month

bmwr75

Re: For Sale: Dodd Audio Tube Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Nice looking amp Ken.  If I didn't have too much gear already I'd be all over this one.