Author Topic: Amperex tubes from Dale and Hal.  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Amperex tubes from Dale and Hal.
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
   Well, I got some of the Amperex Bugle Boy gold pin tubes that Hal and Dale are selling. I can tell you for certain that these are fantastic tubes.  An immediate difference was heard after installing the 6922 tubes in my Melos MA-111B pre-amp.  At first the mid range just sounded better.  After a few hours of letting them break in, the treble started to open up.  After about 5 hours of playing softly in the back ground, I sat down for some serious listening.
   The difference was across the entire audio spectrum.  The low frequency extension was much improved. The sense of air on the high frequency's was outstanding, and of course the lush mid range. Wow, what a difference!!    The bottom line is this, I was very happy with the way my system sounded.  I got the tubes just for kicks, to see if I heard a difference.  Now I am glad I got them, the system sounds so much better.
   If you have a use for these 6922 tubes, I advise you to buy them while you can!!!!

Contact Dale  (confused) or Hal (hal9000)  They are both respected members of this forum, and I can say highly recommended!!!!

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Re: Amperex tubes from Dale and Hal.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
Thanks for the review Mike!
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
I've got three of these from Dale and Hal in my Audio Research preamp.  These tubes sound fantastic!!!
Carl

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »
Thanks Carl.  After all the good reviews I wish something I owned used these tubes! :(
Dale

-Still Smoking!-