Author Topic: Basement system part 2  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: Basement system part 2
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »
Yeah... sweed's a f**ktard LOL :D. Actually the whole team would fall into the "asshole of the day" category today. Oh well. in 05 they were 10-6 and won the superbowl. I appreciate you looking up the calibration thing. It's not a big deal though. The amp still sounds good. As falcon put it meters are eye candy.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
Thats a good idea falcon... It only seems weak on cds. Maybe it's my cd player. It sounds great on LPs, but I'm comparing a 1000 dollar turntable to a 150 dollar cd player.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:51 PM »
Oh yeah as for the speakers... I love these things. By far the best sounding speakers I've ever owned. I bet they'd give Tom's snells a run for their money. ;)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »
Oh yeah as for the speakers... I love these things. By far the best sounding speakers I've ever owned. I bet they'd give Tom's snells a run for their money. ;)

Leave the Snells alone..... Mikey gonna get them one of these days......

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
LOL...
ok ok
that's fine, I want the carvers

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »
Just talked to the upgrade man... I might be able to get the MKII upgrade in April!! yeahh buddy ;D

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 11:48:35 PM »
I just can't get over how good this thing sounds playing records! It's almost like it was designed for vinyl in a time before cds... But seriously, there is a huge improvement...

BB3

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:53 AM »
Ed, everything looks fantastic. WOW! Oh, and I'm jealous.----BILL (BB3)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
tgff
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »
I came home yesterday and went to listen to some tunes downstairs. When I got the aluminum spinnin, I noticed my beloved Macs sounded muddy and lifeless. After checking all of the controls, I started on the speakers. Blown 1A tweeter protectors.... "Megan, what happened?" she says, "I was listening to music and then went upstairs to get eddie a glass of water. Then it got really loud. He must have grabbed the volume control."      Ya think.... Anyway, thank god for fuses.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
*GASP*