Author Topic: office Sunfire setp  (Read 1884 times)

OldiesButGoodies

office Sunfire setp
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »
I am liking this config,  the TGP 1 sounds good as a stereo pre,  and the phono section is good.  I may buy this pre from Tom (if an locate the remote!).

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
Re: office Sunfire setp
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »
Wow, that's a really nice set up. I just got a Dual CS5000 turntable and am loving it. How do you like those speakers? I'd like to hear more about them
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

OldiesButGoodies

Re: office Sunfire setp
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
Thanks!

This is my second Dual CS-5000,  bought this one from Tom.  The first one had the automatic cueing disabled by the previous owner.  I like that feature a lot in this one - you move the needle to where you want it and it automatically cues down once speed is stabilized.   This is a keeper.

The Mirages M-890is are fine speakers for the price - not too bright not to dark,  good bass by themselves,  and create a nice soundfield with the bipolar design (5 1/4" woofs and 1" domes front and back).  I believe this pair was owned by Shape Shifter before I bought them from Tom.  I find them satisfying - other components may get changed out but I cannot find a good reason the change these (that may change one day when I meet the right pair of Maggies - maybe a pair of MMGs). This is probably why Shape Shifter held on to them for 8 years. 

Regards,

OBG