Author Topic: Harman Kardon PC Speakers - $1000  (Read 5129 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Harman Kardon PC Speakers - $1000
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »
Check out this quote from the article found here: http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20091207/harman-kardon-gla55-speakers/

"Anyone in the know (or even the average clueless Joe on the street) will definitely rate Harman Kardon as above average compared to the other speaker solutions out there in the market, and they have good reason to believe so. Harman Kardon’s latest foray into the world of speakers would comprise of the GLA-55 – a stylized multimedia focal point that boasts breathtaking beauty, impeccable sound technology and functionality."

Really? gimme a break

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
Re: Harman Kardon PC Speakers - $1000
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
I could not spend that much on a HK PC speakers.  The speakers I have on my pc are the free ones you get from Dell. ;D
Got Carver?

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »
I could not spend that much on a PC! :o
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
They look similar to my Blueroom Minipods (MSRP $480) which sounds fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if HK was able to design a good sounding set of speakers. They have made awesome speakers in the past (way in the past, but regardless...). Here's a pic of the bluerooms...
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.