Author Topic: John Mayall's Blues band coming to a venue near you--Attendence Mandatory  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Zoot Horn

• Double Secret Probation!
Just got back,,now I have waited 38 years to see this main perform.Set out with good intentions back in 73,,,got to the venue,,my friend turns to me a says,,take this,,you'll really enjoy the show,,,,so I took it,,after all he is a friend,,,then he told me it was a Quaalude,,, damnit--all I remember seeig was a very small stage with little musicans,,,, i FOUND OUT WHY PEOPLE CALL THEM "WALLBANGERS",,ETC,,i WAS PISSED,,fast forward 38 years,,saw him and his great band in Atlanta,and I'm very glad that I did.He's still doing what he's always done--showcasing up and coming talent like he's done with Clapton,Page.McVie,and countless others.The man is still an accomplished musican,,they play the blues,, you feel the blues,,Paul Butterfield,,Freddie King,,Mose Allision, to name a few,, he allowa the musicans to express their self,,and they do just that.Well worth the price of admission.Closed the show with "Tonights' Version of Room to Move",,,and finally a Freddie King tune.Following the show,,he announces that he'll be in front of the venue signing records etc.ANOTHER PREFORMER WHO IS CONNECTED WITH HIS FANS.Save your pennies boys,,ya'll got Trower and Mayall comming. 8)

Oh--the bass player is unreal--lead guitar reminds me of Kenny Wayne Shepherd with Clapton licks.The drummer will get you feet to tappin' ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:13:04 AM by Zoot Horn »