Author Topic: GEEK MEETING 5/14/11  (Read 5759 times)

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
GEEK MEETING 5/14/11
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL!   :P :P :P :P :P
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: GEEK MEETING 5/14/11 UPDATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
We had planned to smoke chicken, ham and bacon. However, the weather is not going to cooperate. >:(The smoke fest will now be done the following weekend, during a regularly scheduled, non sanctioned, e-meeting.
REGULAR MEETING TOMORROW.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: GEEK MEETING 5/14/11 UPDATE!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »
We had planned to smoke chicken, ham and bacon. However, the weather is not going to cooperate. >:(The smoke fest will now be done the following weekend, during a regularly scheduled, non sanctioned, e-meeting.
REGULAR MEETING TOMORROW.
HOLY BUMMER BATMAN!!!!!!   :o   :o   :o
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline vintedge

• Double Secret Probation!
  • So many Good guitars..So few Good Fingernails...
Re: GEEK MEETING 5/14/11
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
Holy Buffalo Chicken pizza Batman!!!!!!!!!! ;D
MMF-5 TT, DP-45 TT, Carver490T, Quicksilver Mono 60s, C5, Luxman R-1120, 2 Sony cd Jukeboxes, TX-11b, Mac MC2300, Aerial acoustic 8b, ML Vista, MVP-871, Dynaco St-35, Pas3, Mac C31v,Thiel CS-3.5, , Yamaha SS amps(2), 10" Klipsch - 8" JBL SWs, Advent 6003,LAdvents (4), Akai 285D R-R

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
I was really hoping to attend,  but I am unable to travel.    I have not been down for a couple of months now!!  Really miss you all, maybe next time.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
I'm with you, Mike. Glad to hear you're home man.

I'm recovering (somewhat painfully) from "the" surgery. Hopefully before long I'll be back on my feet.

Pepe, I hope you finally get that pizza.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »
Get well SD,  You and I have been messed up for a long time now!!!   It is time for us to get healthy.

bmwr75

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »
You feeling any better Mike?  Hope so.

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:53 AM »
Due to some unforeseen things that have come up, the Geek Meeting has start time has changed to 4 PM.  See you guys there!
Got Carver?

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Bet there will be some vinyl listening at the meeting.... ;)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

SunnyDaze

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
Bet there will be some vinyl listening at the meeting.... ;)

Oh hell yes. Bombs Over Belgrade will be blasting!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
SD - glad you got done with that surgery - how many more before you are done?  Should you change mechanics?  Did the doc read your service manual or is he winging it? 

Not having pizza tonight, again.  I am travelling to Europe tomorrow morning and I have not packed anything.  To me it is a challenge to leave packing until the very last minute,  which means I will take care of it after dinner,  maybe.  And the first thing I pack (well,  after some Ambien to survive the incredibly uncomfortable "business" class seats, designed by sadist engineers) are my audiphilliac earphones, my backup earphones, my ipod, my ipad (loaded with 20 or so movies I never find the time to watch during the flight,  but somehow it feels wrong not to bring them), my mini usb fan, books, magazines, all kinds of electronic adapters to deal with power in the plane and in diff parts of Europe, etc.  Then my wife looks at the almost full roll-away bag and asks:  "are you planning on taking any clothing with you or just a bunch of geek crap?"  At that point I ask her to help me with that.  It is a well choreographed dance practiced for a quarter of a century together. 

I do not  get (why) the variety of power plugs in Europe,  BTW.  Hungary has one style with fat circular rods and ground on the side - cross the border to Austria and they have another style.  Switzerland - another type with thinner rods.  So you have to blow $30 on a multi-adapter that invariably you leave at one of the hotels on every other trip.  And since you only have the one,  charging the laptop and the phone and your iPad requires careful planning.

Enough bitching by me. Have fun tonight.   8)

Pepe