Author Topic: Thank you all!! (PLEASE READ)  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Thank you all!! (PLEASE READ)
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:46:04 AM »
  I would like to thank you all for the support that has been provided to my Family and myself during these very difficult times.   I do not know where to begin, so let's just say, It has been hell the last 3 months.
 It is very gratifying to know that you folks are so  willing to help a Family in need. It is also very embarrassing for me to place my Family in such a desperate position!!  Things were going well for us, then one day, everything changed!   You never know when such a terrible thing is going to happen to you, or your Family.
  I have health insurance, I thought I was covered very well, I was wrong.  When I got Ill back at the end of Feb. I did not think much of it.  I did not know then, that this would change the life's of my Family and myself forever.  I do not wish to discuss my health condition on a public forum, though I do feel I owe you all a explanation.
Any of the members of this forum  are more then welcome to send me a p.m., and I will gladly discuss with you.  Those of you whom have my phone number please call me.   Or If you p.m. me I will send you my phone number to discuss, or just stop over at my house any time!!  You are all welcome at my Home!!
  As I said I do have Health Insurance, it does not however cover any of the new Prescriptions that I must take from now on.   They are very expensive, and after the first two Hospital stays, That took us broke..  The third Hospital stay was the hardest from a financial standpoint.  I was in for 8 days the last time, and to be in a Hospital bed, and know that your Family is at home, with little or know cash is a very trying time!  When my wife called Tom to let him know my condition, and he immediately sent her cash that you folks so kindly donated!!   That was a great feeling to know that I could stop worrying about her and my Kids for little while.. The new scripts are costing us Hundreds of dollars!!  As Tom suggested to me to contact the Pharmaceutical company and see if they can help.  They  are going to discount 25% on future months!!!   What a great idea Tom, Thank you.   Even trying to pay the utility company's can become very difficult, with all the added expenses of long Hospital stays and medications.  21 out 30 days...  What a crappy way to live.
  My son stepped up and sold some of his audio gear to help out!!  What a great son!!  We also sold some of my gear to some members on here,  Thank you to those guy's for helping out.  I am selling most all of my Audio gear to help catch up on bills.
   I really am having a difficult time with this, I am basically useless for now.  And spend many hours a day unable to move.   I am now having a little bit better of a time, I am heavily dependent on strong pain meds, I do not want to live on pain meds just to get out bed, So I will hopefully be undergoing several surgeries in the coming months as my health improves and I become strong enough withstand the surgery.
  Enough of this, I do not wish depress anybody.  I do however, want to Thank you all for helping my Family!! I can not even put into words just how grateful I am.  You all have helped us so much at a very desperate time, I do not know what we would have done without you all!!!!!    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!   If ever, anything I can do to help any of you, Please know that I will do whatever I can to return the help.. I am a strong believer in good karma, and I always try to help people when I can, and I know that all of you have some good karma coming your way!!   Even some of you that I have never had the pleasure of meeting!!  What great friends we have on this forum, this is more of Family then a forum!  So thank you to the Vintage HI-FI Pittsburgh (and beyond) Family!!!

Tom and the gang really stepped up and took care of us in a time of need, I will never forget how much you have all helped us.  I am eternally grateful  to you all.
  It is difficult to even sit a computer desk.  So, I hope to be spending more time online as I get better!  And I shall get better!!
  From my Family to you all,
 Thank you and may God bless you all!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:00:12 AM by Falcon »

bmwr75

Re: Thank you all!! (PLEASE READ)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:58 AM »
Get well soon Mike!!!!

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 07:45:20 AM »
Trust me dude, I feel your pain.

If you ever want to vent about this BS, please get at me. I haven't spent as much time as you in the hospital lately, but, I've definitely had a whopping 4 surgeries since January. I know that useless feeling. There is nothing worse.

Keep your chin up Mike.

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
I feel badly for you Mike and I hope things take a turn for the better soon. You have a great family btw, especially your son.

Hang in there, it does get better

Robin
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
Get well Mikey.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
Get well Mikey!!!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
Hope this helps some...  We will keep you in our prayers...   :(

get well sooner!!!

George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »
I hope you feel better soon Mikey.
Got Carver?

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Get better soon!!!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »
You are in our prayers. Get well!

Ron
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

Offline BrianT

• F'n Brit Asshole!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »

We are all here to help, glad we could.

Get well soon.

Brian
Ottawa, Canada.
Vinnie Rossi L2SI integrated amp
Takatsuki 300B tubes
2 x Carver 275 Mono Block
Audience Front Row Bi wire Speaker Cables
Audience Front Row USB Cable
Audience Front Row RCA Cables
VPI Classic TurnTable (blk)
c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Auralic G2 server
B&W 803D3 (black)

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
Hang in there Mike!  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  God Bless!
Carl

Offline Zoot Horn

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »
Mike-- best wishes for a speedy recovery.Hopefully we can talk tomorrow.

Offline DJTommyK

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Analog
    • Hi-Fi State of Mind
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »
Get well soon Mikey!  Hope to see you down at the shop sooner rather than later! ;D
--------------------------
Hi-Fi State of Mind:
http://mwfccw.blogspot.com/
--------------------------
Pioneer QX-8000
Rega P1
Denon DRW-840
Dokorder 1120
Polk Monitor 7B
Boston Accoustics A-700

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »
Thank you all,  you do not know just how much it means to my Family and I.    It is with much shame that I find myself having to accept charity.   If ever I can help out one of you, I will do whatever I possibly can.

God bless you all.
Mike

Trust me dude, I feel your pain.

If you ever want to vent about this BS, please get at me. I haven't spent as much time as you in the hospital lately, but, I've definitely had a whopping 4 surgeries since January. I know that useless feeling. There is nothing worse.

Keep your chin up Mike.

Thank you SD,  I have been thinking of you lately, and hope all is well.   If these meds can get this all under control,  I MAY be able to avoid at least one surgery.   But for now I am battling a series of infections all through my stomach and intestines.   The last one almost killed me!!  seriously.

Mike