Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

HELP!!! With speaker repair please!!

(1/1)

Falcon:
  O.k. here is the scoop.   I recently got a pair of rare Sony SS-TL5 speakers from Ed.  (thank you Ed)
I really do like them!!   Problem is this,  My Harman Kardon Citation twelve went crazy a spit out some DC through the left ch. and took out the rear firing sub-woofer in the Sony speaker.  The right  ch. and speaker are fine.   I don't really care about the amp, as I can rebuild it.  The woofer on the other hand, I can not find a replacement.   I have heard that there is computer programs that can measure the parameters of the good woofer.  So, does anyone have any information on this program?  Does anyone have this, and able to check my woofer out?  This way I can purchase a pair of woofers suited for this cabinet.  Since it is a transmission line cabinet seems a little tricky to just start throwing woofers in there based on cubic feet of the cabinet, which I can not get an accurate measurement.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

OCCD:
Send off the bad one to parts express for a recone.

rgpit:
Hi Mike,

I have a woofer tester that can measure the driver's Thiel Small parameters. I will need the good woofer to make the measurements. PM me and we can figure out the best way to work out the details.

Ron

OldiesButGoodies:
did not know Parts Express could do that - they can rebuild the motor driving the cone after a DC meltdown?   

Planarguy:
Or    call Sony for an exact replacement. It can't be too expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version