Author Topic: Maybe an upgrade?  (Read 4398 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: Maybe an upgrade?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
Pepe, That SVS will eat the Truesub for lunch.

I will bring mine to the shop for a while if Tom ever clears enough room.
It is the size of a dorm refrigerator and that's alot of real-estate when it comes to free space at the shop :P
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »
So the guy raised his price on that SVS PC 16-46 PC-Plus Sub to $300 saying the following,

"I'm unable to talk via phone that's why I sent an email to you earlier. I have had several inquiries besides yours and after further research I have decided that I can not let this go for $200. The new price is $300 which is fair and is not negotiable. No, I don't have a box. The original box was as big as a refrigerator. I will be home all day tomorrow if you still have further interest. Thx. John"

and

"Lots of inquiries. Someone wanted to come at 8AM this morning. Checking different audio forums a few sold as high as $600 early last year. I'm not trying to be greedy. The piece is in excellent shape 10/10 and has maybe 60 hours of use. I will hold off on any other inquiries for a few days so you can see about the funds. I do not have a box."

It will cost me $100 in gas to get there... Should I still go for this?  $400 is a decent sum of money but the thing new from the site would be $850... I don't know how likely I am to find a sub as good for the same price.  Opinions?  Anyone have something comparable that they feel like selling for the same price?  :P
Speakers: Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams Reference 18
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)
Preamplifier/DAC/Phono: Phison PD2SE
Server: Pi & NUC
Turntable: VPI HR-X, VdH Colibri XGW

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »
MB:  Will wait until I hear one to agree or disagree with you,  but the size of the sub is already a turn-off!   The little True sub is so inconspicuous.  And fast.  :P

Steve - be careful - the seller sounds like a handful.  you may drive over there and it may be gone.   :o

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
That would suck a lot.  One of the other guys misinterpreted something, I do have his phone number at least. I would call him before leaving and make an organized time to meet.  It is a huge sub and I would much rather have a smaller sub that performs just as well.  Sadly, I don't know if I am going to find such a sub.  My current sub is boomy and thus I am looking to replace it.  Maybe I should just hold off.
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »
Mainly waiting to see if I can sell my current, an HSU STF-1
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
I saw a few things on craigslist.  At first I saw this and didn't see it was broken, almost jumped for joy but it's broken...   :-[ 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:37:32 PM by StephenWVU »
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »
BOSE-never heard the "buy other sound equipment", always thought it stood for Big Ordinary Sound Everywhere.  But, if it sounds good to you..............
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77