Author Topic: Does Warren Buffet hate rich people...  (Read 12357 times)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: Does Warren Buffet hate rich people...
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
I am not mad at Santorum.  I just do no not like him.   And I would never vote for him. 

_____
Mike

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »
What does any of that have to do with where Santorum's kids resided?   That is the only issue in deciding which district flips the bill.

I think you may be distracted.

Anders

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
I'm worried about this state where politicians think they can just take tax payers money to do with as they please.
They are all a bunch of thieves who should be in jail!

Rick Santorum was just one of many.
And he had the gall to say his kids come first !

Does that mean my kids should come last ?
How about Rick Santorum giving me money for my kids.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
Rick probably was responsible for all the school costs that he rang up.  I wasn't a big fan of his.  But, I suspect he probably was much better than most of the money grabbers in Washington on both sides of the aisle
Carl

Offline Solid-Mistake

• FNG !!!
  • It won't sound like a tube, cause it ain't
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
Well here we go again, liberal/progressives "do as I say...Not As I Do! Warrem Buffet thinks every OTHER rich person should pay more taxes but NOT Warren! See the attached article. His company Birkshire Hathaway has been under investigation by the IRS for the last nine years. The tax liability could be 10's of million of dollars, but rather than just "paying his fair share" he has swarms of lawers fighting to keep his money. Hypocrite? I THINK SOOOOOO. http://netrightdaily.com/2011/08/warren-buffett’s-taxing-hypocrisy/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:39:33 PM by retsalB retsaM »

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
Well, first off Buffet isn't the only decision maker at his company (after all, if the president of a company can be held liable for every decision then Rupert Murdoch would be in jail right now) but more importantly is the fact that his op-ed was dealing with personal taxes, not corporate taxes.   Though I personally favor raising both, the article you link shows no hypocrisy whatsoever.   What it does show is either an inability on the part of the author to understand the matter at hand or (more likely) a desire to twist the facts to suit a particular agenda. 

My favorite part of the article you link...

Interesting questions for the man who professes to want to pay more to Uncle Sam, and who sees fit to raise the burden on all job creators

How much longer will the sheep buy the whole "job creators" line?   The last ten years have seen a major decrease in top marginal taxes AND a steady downward trend in US employment.   Obviously the two issues do not affect each other in the way that these clowns want you to think.

Of course, in fairness, he didn't specify in what country or at what pay scale these jobs were being created, so if you are interested in giving big tax breaks to people opening factories in China or India, by all means stick with the Republican platform of the last ten years.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
BTW, you never answered the question about Santorum.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
How much longer will the sheep buy the whole "job creators" line? 

I have never received a job from a poor man. Have you?
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
Of course, in fairness, he didn't specify in what country or at what pay scale these jobs were being created, so if you are interested in giving big tax breaks to people opening factories in China or India, by all means stick with the Republican platform of the last ten years.

What do you think is causing that?
Consumers want to pay the lowest price possible for goods and so the jobs go to the lowest bidder.

Some people are willing to pay more on principle, but most aren't 

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »

I have never "received a job" from anyone.   Employment is an exchange of talents and time for financial return.   Nobody is giving anyone anything.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »

Consumers want to pay the lowest price possible for goods and so the jobs go to the lowest bidder.

For almost two hundred years this country had very minimal taxes because the government generated much of it's revenue in tariffs.   The "free trade" republicrats of the last 40 years (except Carter) have ruined that and made the American worker an endangered species in the process.   

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:43 AM »

I have never "received a job" from anyone.   Employment is an exchange of talents and time for financial return.   Nobody is giving anyone anything.

Thanks for the correction, but you didn't really address the point.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:40 AM »

For almost two hundred years this country had very minimal taxes because the government generated much of it's revenue in tariffs.   The "free trade" republicrats of the last 40 years (except Carter) have ruined that and made the American worker an endangered species in the process.   

Forget that! I don't want to pay $200 for Absinthe!

Neanderthal welfare tactics like Tariffs do nothing but harm the overall world economy. Instead of clinging to our old manufacturing jobs, we must innovate and find new industries to take their place.

Fwiw.... I believe the underpants Gnomes are looking for willing participants to join their party.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »
Bloody hell. This is an Audio forum. Lets find something more useful to talk about.