Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Replacement/substitution for small advent tweeter...

(1/1)

gdv:
The "GREEN" one...  Would a tweeter from a KLH model 6 work?  This would not be a critical listening speaker with the replacement tweeter...

To minimize the "funny feedback" - of course it would work, but would it be reasonable frequency/efficiency - wise...

thanks,
George

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
George, is that the one with the wire screen over it?   If so, I have a pair I can dig out for you.   I bought a pair of Advents at an Autism fundraiser but the cabinets were too far gone to try to rescue, so I was going to flip the tweets.   You could save me dealing with listing on eBay and shipping.

gdv:
Mark,
thanks for the quick reply...

Yes, the KLH tweeters with the metal mesh screen...

Clarification...  You bought a pair of Advents OR KLH speakers at the fundraiser???  What tweeters were you going to "flip?"

Would you be willing to let me borrow/experiment with them before I purchase?  I am still not sure they would be an acceptable replacement...

PM me with details, if you are willing to let me borrow, how much you want for the tweeters, when we can meet, etc.

Remember, we are neighbors, as we both live in the Penn Hills area!  :)
thanks again,
George

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I think Advents, I'm not sure from memory.   I was just going to give them to you if they were what you needed, so I am happy to let you check 'em out first.   If they work, you can have me over for a Steeler game or something.   I've already had a couple people here help me out with things, I just want to spread the karma.   And I did remember that we are neighbors.

I'll try to dig them out tomorrow after I take my daughter to her Lego League.

Mr. M-500t:
I have Legacy and Heritage tweeters I'd like to get rid of. Have a set of Carvins too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version