Author Topic: Bob Carver at AXPONA  (Read 7244 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Bob Carver at AXPONA
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
The Bobfather is at AXPONA in FLA.  Here's some pics that Bob Farinelli and Bob Carver.com have posted on Facebook.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
Re: Bob Carver at AXPONA
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »
Those tubes are going to cook those flowers! :o
Carl

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »
I don't know Carl, he's got to turn them on first.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

SunnyDaze

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
I don't know Carl, he's got to turn them on first.

HAHAHA!

What are those ribbon towers?

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »
A quote from one of the guys from another Carver forum who's attending AXPONA:

"I'd just like to add that these speakers are easily the best of the show. With the side firing drivers that are basically floor to ceiling the soundstage is huge, and more importantly the SWEET spot is equally huge. In fact there was not a bad seat in the room. The speakers have a sweet enveloping sound that effortlessly fills the room all around you and you can't pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from.

When the Stereophile Mag. reviewer Jason Serinus reviewed these spks, was sitting in the front row next to him, he was in the center and I was to his left. I was directly in front of the left speaker about 6' back from it. Jason was given the remote control and he cranked them up the loudest I heard them play all day, and they just came alive. Even though I was only a few feet from the speaker I could not hear the sound coming out from the speaker at me like every other speaker in the show, but it just seemed to emanate from behind and in between the two speakers. I thought they were awesome at the more moderate levels that they had been playing at so people could ask the two Bob's questions without having to shout. All I can say is the more power you put to them the better they sound. Now don't mistake that last statement to mean that they have to be cranked up to sound good like many inefficient speakers need to be to sound good, nothing could be farther from the truth. At the moderate levels the full range of sound/music is being accurately and fully reproduced as close to live music as I've ever heard from a speaker. At the louder levels no listening fatigue at all was experienced, unlike many of the other systems at the show.

Also note in the above picture of the Black Beautys shows what looks like massive amounts of dust on the amps, not so, it is charcoal gray specks (not a metal flake) in the gloss black finish. For lack of a better term similar to splatter paint but extremely subtle, and very tastefully done. In fact we didn't notice it until one of Bob's helpers, Tony pointed it out to us, thus the picture. The finish on all these amps is like a top quality custom show car professional paint job.

For Bob's seminar we got to the conference room about 30 min. before Bob's speech was scheduled to start. We were the first ones there, and lo and behold after a few minutes in Bob walked and came over and sat with us. We had a nice conversation with him and just us for quite a while until this speech started. What an awesome, humble down to earth person he is, and he has a great sense of humor, BEST DAY EVER !!!!!!!! We also spoke with Bob Farinelli at length several times, and he also is a class act and just an all around nice guy too."
TNRabbit

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »
I just heard this from James (carveraudio.com):

The Indian owner of Scaena speakers was at AXPONA & said "my speakers are like the SUV, Bob Carver's new line arrays are like the Italian sports car of speakers!"
TNRabbit

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
That's one very cool looking SUV.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Reverend

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
Another interview from AXPONA:

Bob Carver at AXPONA 2012

Offline Reverend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
More Bob videos from AV Showroom

http://www.avshowrooms.com/Bob_Carver.html

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
These are very well done.  Liked them a lot!
Got Carver?

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
He is so articulate and a superb salesman.  I am ready to buy a pair of speakers just based on his description of the sound the "enormous soundfield".  The infinite line source description is awesome. 

Has anyone heard from someone that has actually listened to these and come out impressed?  Last i read the prototype pair were not sounding as expected and Bob surmissed the crossovers need to be 'adjusted for voicing'.

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
Tons of video interviews here:  http://www.avshowrooms.com/Bob_Carver.html

TNRabbit

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
He is so articulate and a superb salesman.  I am ready to buy a pair of speakers just based on his description of the sound the "enormous soundfield".  The infinite line source description is awesome. 

Has anyone heard from someone that has actually listened to these and come out impressed?  Last i read the prototype pair were not sounding as expected and Bob surmissed the crossovers need to be 'adjusted for voicing'.

A folks from the Carver forums went to AXPONA & had great things to say (Charlie & Martin in particular).  I heard the prototype at CarverFest 2011; they were phenomenal but needed to corrections to the relationship between the woofers & ribbons (balance).  Even so, they were impressive as hell.  Can't imagine how they sound now~
TNRabbit

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
I will be listening to a set next week!   ;D
Got Carver?