Author Topic: IDEA: Possible Local Head-Fi Can-Jam at VHF?  (Read 2333 times)

SunnyDaze

IDEA: Possible Local Head-Fi Can-Jam at VHF?
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:48:14 PM »
I think only a few of us VHF regulars are on head-fi, however, there is a PA thread on there with several yinzers active, and meet-ups have been discussed, but location was an issue. Everywhere from bars to homes to hotels were considered, although they never came to be. 

How would you guys (specifically Tom and Anders) feel about me trying to set something like that up at the shop this summer? There are quite a few guys on there from this region who don't know about VHF. It could be a way to build a new customer base, and it don't cost nothin'.

I think that it'd be a great way to demonstrate what a gem VHF really is to members of the audio community who would otherwise be unaware.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:53:00 PM by SunnyDaze »

Bunni

Re: IDEA: Possible Local Head-Fi Can-Jam at VHF?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »
Sounds good to me!  How many peeps are we talking about?  Space is the only issue I see.  A new customer base would be cool, and they will tell their friends and so on and so on :)  This is the reason I suggested a Pittsburgh Audio Society type of thing, to allow for events such as this to be advertised and available to hopefully an ever growing clientele.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
I'd say 10 at most, not including the VHF'ers who do the headphone thing.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
I like the idea!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!