Author Topic: current setup  (Read 2042 times)

OldiesButGoodies

current setup
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »
The current state of chaos in my listening room.  The Proacs are getting prepped for delivery to whoever buys them (translation - removing the lead shot from the cavities cuz they are incredible heavy). The Paradigm Mini Monitors are sitting on crappy surround speaker stands while I wait for Tom to tell me if he has decent ones (these speakers are not bad at all for the money - very efficient,  and a tad dark, but sweet sounding). The Atoms are now in the fam room.  I need decent headphones so I am targeting a pair of Fostexs on epay.  Coz's CT-F1250 has earned the right to a couple of months stay in the rack after Ander's work.  The silver finish will eventually wear me out and will lead me to look a black finish deck though.  The turntables are requesting a preamp with two phone inputs,  so the Sunfire TGP1 may be in danger of getting replaced soon.  The DX-160 in the background is permanently tuned to Radio Havana,  cuz I love listening to the Cuban propaganda for some strange reason.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:53:22 PM by OldiesButGoodies »

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: current setup
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »
Looks good Pepe.

Anders

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
Personally I prefer silver.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
I like both...silver is old school and I like to regress every now and then.  ;D
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »
Issue for me is color consistency. Sice the Sundire 300 x 2 is a keeper, everything else must be black!