Author Topic: Any Bicyclers here?  (Read 14546 times)

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
Any Bicyclers here?
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »
I rode @ 10 miles this morning at a pretty good pace.  Felt good to get back out on the bike...it's been too long.

Pics of my Cannondale Super V 900 in all her dirty glory.  I'm slowly converting to an "Uber-V" from the original configuration.  They came with a 1.5" travel Head Shock (monoshock) up front & a 2" rear shock, plus the basic Shimano gear. 

When I bought it in 2004 (it's a '96), the guy who had it before upgraded to Shimano XTR brakes & an LX front and XT rear derailleur, as well as the Manitou front shock & a Cane Creek rear shock.  He also upgraded the gearsets to Shimano Deore.  He also added Shimano clip pedals....dude spent $3600 on this bike!! ( got it for a fraction of that).  These are a hell of a bike & still command pretty good price on the eBay used market.

I added the XTR shifters, and will soon add a NOS Jekyll rear swingarm:

(you can get up to 7.5" of rear travel with these) I got on ebay, as well as an XTR rear derailleur.

The tires are a bit "loud" but I got 3 pair for $4.00/pair.  They were originally $50 tires~

Latest pics:

TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Any Bicyclers here?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
Yes I bike too...  Did 25 miles on the Montour Trail today...  Averaged about 14 mph...  Still early in the season...

Used my old Gary Fisher (It is a 96 too)...  Soon will be using my newer old Trek!   ;)

You have a nice bike!!!

Enjoy!!!
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I used to love biking, but I've gotten away from it. It's definitely something I plan to get back into. I still have an old (late 90s) Gary Fisher.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
14 mph on a trail is a good time, depending on trail, of course~

Gary Fisher makes awesome bikes.  They're very proud of them, too!  $$$
TNRabbit

SunnyDaze

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:37 AM »
My parents live 500 yards from the Great Allegheny Passage!

Unfortunately, when I had all those crazy problems with my ass last year, I got away from cycling. Hopefully this summer will find me back on two wheels.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:47:34 AM by Audio-Antichrist »

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
I just got back into biking.  I just picked up a Specialized Rockhopper 29r.  I've been out twice now and boy am I out of shape.  I don't even want to tell you how not very far I went.
Got Carver?

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »
I just got back into biking.  I just picked up a Specialized Rockhopper 29r.  I've been out twice now and boy am I out of shape.  I don't even want to tell you how not very far I went.

The important thing is you started & you're DOING IT.  Don't expect miracles right of the box.  Wait 'til your 50...... ;-)
TNRabbit

NATOE

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
how far tom from the end of the driveway to the fridge for a colt one :-*

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
how far tom from the end of the driveway to the fridge for a colt one :-*

A bit further than that.  First day I did 7 miles and the second I did 8.  10+ years ago I would do 30+.  All were the Rails to Trails which is pretty flat but it can be very scenic.
Got Carver?

SunnyDaze

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »
We should organize a VHF bike ride on the Great Allegheny Passage out near my parents. Talk about scenic, wow!

I just ordered a rack for the WRX. Looks like I'll be getting back into it sooner than later. I really need it!

SunnyDaze

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 01:57:14 AM »
Here's a picture of my 29er, a Motobecane Fantom 29 Pro. It's got a Scott Pro Comp XC saddle, XTR groupset, Avid Juicy 5's, a Kalloy LaPrade seat post, TruVativ Fire-X external bearing crankset, Cane Creek headset (don't they all?), WTB double wall wheelset with XTR hubs, Ritchey Comp bars & stem, and Tora 29 Race fork with "pop loc".

And my HT 26er, a Motobecane 400HT:

They're the same bike except for wheel size, the Form E3 saddle, Tektro I/O mechanical discs, a Tora 318 fork, and the crank is not an external bearing style.

I feel MUCH more at home on the 29er. It's night and day. When I hop on the 26" bike, it feels like a kids toy. I should sell it before it gets trashed.

I'm going out to my parents for the weekend, and possibly the entire week. I'm going to start out and see how far I can get. My guess is about 8 miles, as Huffman did. I'll keep yinz posted. It's going to be in the 90's this weekend, so, ouch.

Rabbit, that Super V is a badass machine. Some older guy used to ride one around the strip at night when I worked the door at my buddy's club. He'd stop by with it and I'd get real jealous, although they never made one that'd fit my fat ass!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:29:29 AM by Audio-Antichrist »

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Just got this Mavic Crossmax wheelset (used) for an upgrade:

TNRabbit

SunnyDaze

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Tubeless! Very nice!

How much of a difference did you notice?

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 06:28:20 AM »
Tubeless! Very nice!

How much of a difference did you notice?

They're not on yet.  Still have to install the Jekyll swingarm, get a 7.5" shock, get Avid BB7 calipers, etc.  It's a work in progress.....
TNRabbit

Offline vintedge

• Double Secret Probation!
  • So many Good guitars..So few Good Fingernails...
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
I have a silver 200? Bianchi Bergamo that I will sell or trade -21 speed 3 speed rear hub....I like the Alleghent passage too esp. near Ohiopyle ...
MMF-5 TT, DP-45 TT, Carver490T, Quicksilver Mono 60s, C5, Luxman R-1120, 2 Sony cd Jukeboxes, TX-11b, Mac MC2300, Aerial acoustic 8b, ML Vista, MVP-871, Dynaco St-35, Pas3, Mac C31v,Thiel CS-3.5, , Yamaha SS amps(2), 10" Klipsch - 8" JBL SWs, Advent 6003,LAdvents (4), Akai 285D R-R