Author Topic: Any Bicyclers here?  (Read 14547 times)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Any Bicyclers here?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
If anyone organizes a rails to trails ride anywhere in the area, I am in if the date works.  I have an older "GT" that I bought because all of the Police in Columbus, OH (where I lived at the time) were riding them.  It's probably junk compared to what you are all riding, but I can do 15 miles on the trails and love the views.  Has anyone ridden the Freeport to Butler trail?  It's steeper than the typical grade at about 3% going toward Butler, but the ride back to Freeport is a breeze.  There is also a beautiful trail starting in Titusville, along Oil Creek, parallel to the Titusville and Oil Creek railroad.  It's about 7 miles one way and you can ride the excursion train the other if the ride is too much.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

SunnyDaze

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »
I did 14 miles today on the Great Allegheny Passage between Whitsett and Dawson. Needless to say, I'm EXHAUSTED!

I'm also pumped that my Yakima Viper finally showed up! The WRX looks wicked with a roof rack!

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
Great weekend...

Friday - went to see the Pirates...  They won 4 - 2 & received a "free shirt Friday" shirt!   :D

Saturday - Did lots of work around the house, great church service in the evening, got home to see the Pirates win AGAIN!   :o

Sunday - Road 30 miles on the Montour Trail averaging about 13.5 mph...  Went to mom's to visit and her with tasks...  Pirates won AGAIN AGAIN!   :o :o :o

Have a great week,
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
How cool would it be to have a set of these wheels?!?

TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
Very cool.  I wonder how one would keep them clean.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline tube_dan

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
If anyone organizes a rails to trails ride anywhere in the area, I am in if the date works.

Klaus, et al,
I'd love to -- heard much about it and yet to try it.  Do we start at Robinson?

How does the last Sunday (June 24) of this month look?

email: dandharmarai@hotmail.com
cell/text/voice:  412-680-1116

Thinking about party(ies) at my efficiency behind West Penn Hosp -- how's Friday nights sound?

Cheers!
Dan

SunnyDaze

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »
No, Dan, We'd start somewhere like Cedar Creek Park or West Newton along the Great Allegheny passage. The closer you get to Perryopolis, Dawson, Connellsville, etc... the more scenic it gets.

If you guys can figure out a date that works, let me know. I'm staying at my parents for a few more weeks, they live 500 yards away from the trail. I've been down there 3-4 days a week lately.  ;D

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
Dan,

I'll check.  If the weather is particularly nice, we are usually on the river on weekends (except for all of the typical summertime stuff that one has to do to keep family peace).

Can we kill two birds with one stone and taste wine on the ride?

Offline tube_dan

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »
That is so awesome Elijah!

Klaus, sounds great  haha!

I usually work Saturdays till 3pm (evening run possible) , and off Sundays.  Get yer bikes ready!

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »
Another good day...

Today - Road 30 miles on the Montour Trail averaging about 13.5 mph... 

If any of you are interested...  A group of my "non-audio" friends and I are planning a ride on Saturday the 28th of June...  (two weeks from yesterday)

We will be riding from Ohiopyle to Confluence (22 miles round trip), eating lunch, seeing sights, and then riding back...  Let me know if any can make it and I'll "PM you" the details...

I hope some of you can make it...
George

SunnyDaze

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
My daily ride has solidified to 16 miles on the Great Allegheny Passage at about 11-12 mph on a 29er MTB on packed gravel.

That sounds like a blast on the Montour Trail, George. Unfortunately, the big ol' Kenda knobby tires on the 29er don't fare so well on pavement. I need to invest in another wheelset and a pair of Schawlbe Big Apples.

I'll keep you posted about Confluence and Ohiopyle. That's a great part of the trail, a lot of fantastic natural formations too!

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »

If any of you are interested...  A group of my "non-audio" friends and I are planning a ride on Saturday the 28th of June...  (two weeks from yesterday)

We will be riding from Ohiopyle to Confluence (22 miles round trip), eating lunch, seeing sights, and then riding back...  Let me know if any can make it and I'll "PM you" the details...

I hope some of you can make it...
George

Sounds wonderful, but I have to be in Ohio that day.  Rats.

Offline tube_dan

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
George -- excited about your invite -- graduation party that day  :(

Cheers!
Dan

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
This morning I was able to get in about 35 miles (ave 14 mph) on the Montour Trail...  It is nice riding in the morning when things are cooler...

One thing that made things a little better, was an attractive young lady who was running said "Hi!"  Had to turn around to make sure I was the one she was talking to...  No one else around!   :o Made those last few miles go a little easier and had a smile on my face!   ;)

Hope everyone has a great week!
George

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »
Oh, HELL NO--not for any amount of money...

http://youtu.be/TaNBuqSuNqk
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs