Author Topic: Open House/June 23rd  (Read 8690 times)

Offline toddnkaya

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Open House/June 23rd
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
 Lol AA!! I really look forward to hearing that!! I want to pick up the new SACD of Wish You Were Here in the future.
I am assuming your copy of DSOTM is on cd or Sacd ,as I don't have a TT. Yet... Actually I have table in the basement somewhere. :o

I too have a few treats for Yinz. :D

I have two boxes of LP's that I got from Jerry records for you guys to pick through, and take what you want.
I also have about 100 one dollar cd's for the taking as well.
I am trying to dig up some more Absolute Sound mags to give away too. (4 recent months mags so far)
Stay cool,
Todd

Anders

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
I may have something to bring and show.
Do you read the Absolute Sound ?
Have you seen the very first issue ?

Offline toddnkaya

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
I do read the Absolute Sound. That would be neat to see the very first issue.
Thanks

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »
So how was the get together?  Any photos of VHFP to share?  I wish I could have been there but my daughter has some activities that I was committed to participate.  Maybe some other time.

Regards,
Carl

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
I was able to visit...  It was very nice...  Todd & Tara made us feel very welcome...  I got there about 4 PM, at that time Anders & Elijah (SunnyDaze) were there along with Todd...  Tara made the best coasters!   :-*

Vapor Audio speakers were VERY nice...

Pulled chicken sandwich was good too!   8)

my 2 cents,
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

bmwr75

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
Enjoyed meeting you guys today.  Great speakers!!

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »
Todd, so sorry I didn't make it.   My wife didn't get home from the friend's wedding shower until almost 6.   Glad you all had a blast!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 08:28:49 AM »
Same here - great visit with Todd and Tara.  Enjoyed a couple of beers and a pulled-chicken sandwich that was manna from heaven after battling the 376 traffic jam.  Thanks for the records and the mags,  I took home a few. 

The speakers are beautiful,  love the finish and the way the manufacturer integrated the cross-over network into the base of the stand. The top end is sharp and strong,  giving expensive ribbon tweeters a good name.  The bass was solid too,  for a small mini monitor I did not miss the subwoofer.  The imaging was outstanding on everything I listened to. 

It would be interesting to listen to these using tube amplification, that may take them to the next level of sound. 

Thanks again!!!

Anders

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
I will second what OBG said.
I enjoyed the visit and the food and the stereo.

Thanks,

Anders

Offline sk1335

• Frank Lloyd Wrong
  • Play it loud, Play it often!
    • Dimension Design Services
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
Laurie & I had a great time - the food and hospitality was outstanding!
Vapor speakers were very impressive considering the size - (I agree with Pepe's review).
Imaging was very good, they may have an even bigger soundstage with different amplification.
The pedestals were impressive, very well constructed, and put the tweeters right at ear level when seated.

PS.
We'll be hosting an open house of our own in the near future - I'll keep you guys posted.
I'll have two systems running, the rear of our house faces woods (My garage is a Carver Lightstar 2.0 driving Bob Crites modded Klipsch LaScala's (Crossovers/Woofers/Tweeters/Mid Drivers)  with Sony cdp 707es CD Player, Yamaha C4 Preamp, and Kenwood KD 5070 Turntable - My downstairs system is Sansui B2102 MOS Vintage driving JBL 4312's and JBL L120Ti's with Sony cdp-X777es CD Player and Sony TA-N77es Preamp, Denon DP-57L Turntable).
Shawn.
Family Rm: Carver Lightstar 2.0, Carver C-19, Sony CDP x777es, NHT 3.3, Yamaha PF 800 TT
Garage: Carver Lightstar 2.0, Carver C-19, Sony CDP 707esd, Denon DP-51 TT, JBL L5 (JL Audio Modded)
Living Rm: Harman-Kardon 775 Monoblocks, Apt Holmann Pre

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »
I love LaScalas and have wanted to hear the Crites mods.   I hope I can make that one.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
Thanks to Todd & Tara for hosting the get together! Sorry we weren't able to make it earlier, but, shit happens. The speakers sound good. They're fast, airy, and very detailed. I also thought the low end was impressive, especially sans subwoofication. The pulled chicken was fantastico, there was Coke in a can, and Alexis found a few free records that she likes.

All in all, we should make this a trend. (I say that as if I have oodles of free time to travel on weekends).

Offline toddnkaya

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and your impressions of the Vapor Breeze speakers.
Tara and I really enjoyed hosting the party and meeting new friends!!
Todd