Author Topic: Trade Feeler for some Speakers  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Shayne

• Double Secret Probation!
Trade Feeler for some Speakers
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
I've got a couple sets i'm bored with. Might entertain some trades. I need something that isn't too fussy about the room they're in. I listen to these while cooking, eating dinner and doing random things around the house so I don't want anything with a small sweet spot.

Here's what i've got:

DCM Timeframe TF350 - fantastic shape with original shipping crates. They have new replacement woofers in them. I've been using these for two years without issue. They are all around a great speaker. I listen to all genres of music and have never been offended.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 towers. These are the black cherry vinyl veneer. They are in perfect shape with the exception of a rash on the back of one where I bumped it into something moving it. I touched it up, doesn't look too bad and it's mostly hidden. Excellent speakers if you have the room to fool with placement. In my space they have a small sweet spot. Check reviews, these are universally highly regarded.

Hey Tom, if you guys have anything in stock I can make a trip up there and we can work out a trade. Let me know. Thanks, Shayne

Offline treos33

Re: Trade Feeler for some Speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
I'd be interested in trading for your Wharfedale Diamond 9.6s. I currently have a pair of Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 450s I'm not using that might be good for your use.  They're only a few years old and I am the original owner. They are relatively small but have an enormous sound stage and go surprisingly deep thanks to their large passive radiators. I'm not sure if this trade would be exactly even, I guess it depends what you would consider the towers to be worth now.

http://www.definitivetech.com/products/products.aspx?path=Speakers_By_Series|Studio_Monitor_Series&productid=StudioMonitor_450

I also have a pair of Definitive BP-10s that I'd trade but I don't know they'd work as well for you because their Bipolar design makes them somewhat picky regarding placement.

Just something to consider. Good luck trading.
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

Offline Shayne

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
I should have mentioned that i'm not really looking for a monitor or a stand mount unless they come with stands. I would definitely be interested in the BP-10's. Can you tell me some more about them? Condition and your impression of the sound, etc. Are you in Pittsburgh?

Offline treos33

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
I picked up the BP-10s at the shop a few months ago. They were probably there for a matter of hours before I decided they were mine. I believe they belonged to thuffman03 before me. They sound very nice; their sound stage is impressive when positioned correctly, and they have some tight, although not very deep, bass. They definitely have some wear but nothing that can't be fixed. Some of the black paint is pealing on one of the bases and fabric socks have some pulls. I like them a lot but I don't think I have enough space to really take advantage of their bipolar design and their general sound is too similar to my SM450s (hence being interested in trading one of the pairs).

Yes, I live in Pittsburgh. I'm currently in South Side.
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200