Author Topic: 95 Mustang GT  (Read 3925 times)

SunnyDaze

95 Mustang GT
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »

This was my '95 Mustang GT. I bought it in March of 2001 and sold it in October of 2005 for tuition money. It was the last "proper" car that I owned prior to the WRX that I currently drive. These photos were taken inside and around the garage that my friends and I used to own. A few of them are still on the deed, but, do very little work there. Most of the guys down there now are assclowns, so I stay away.

It was 100% stock when I purchased it. I put an Eibach Pro Kit on it along with 245/45/ZR 17 Pirelli P-Zero Assymetricos on front with the matching 275/40/17's on the rear, BBS tubular subframe connectors,  a Steeda tubular K-member and all Energy bushings. I also installed Billstein Street & Track struts and shocks. In addition to suspension and steering work, it had World Products Windsor Jr. heads, Harland Sharp 1.73 rollers, a FoMoCo "B" camshaft, an Extrude Hone intake, BBS shorty headers, a 2 1/2" catless Bassani "X" pipe, 2 1/2 Flowmaster "40" series catback exhaust, chrome Cobra R wheels, a 125 hp ZEX nitrous kit, 3:27 SVT gears, a BBK 225lph fuel pump, and a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting...

I'll post pictures of my '88 GT at some point. I think I have pictures of my '33 Plymouth at my place in Indiana.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:49:23 AM by Rest lame brats »

OldiesButGoodies

Re: 95 Mustang GT
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
A stupid question I can probably google,  but how long did the nitrous boost last with one tank full of gas?  minutes?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:49:55 AM by Rest lame brats »

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »
It really varies. If you start spraying it at a lower RPM (not really recommended), then you'll obviously go through a bottle quicker than you would spraying in only the upper RPM range (safer).

I could usually get 3-4 good street races before I had to get start watching it. Of course, in warmer weather, the bottle pressure stays up higher so you get more "spray".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:50:24 AM by Rest lame brats »

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
Another sweet ride.
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:43:23 AM »
Sunny - what impact did the Nitrous have on 0-60 times?  I assume this car would a decent 6 seconds or less without Nitrous - did you ever measure with NO2 on?

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
I never ran this car at the drag strip. When Pittsburgh Raceway Park was Keystone Raceway, my friends and I typically boycotted the place. It was extremely overpriced, the track conditions were shit, it was poorly organized and managed, you'd be lucky to get 2-3 good runs because of the chaos. In addition, at that point, running a 13.99 or faster in a convertible required a 6-point roll cage or greater, so I would have been booted after my first pass anyway.

I'd guess 0-60 times without the bottle were somewhere in the low 5's or high 4's. I wasn't really a big fan of using nitrous off of the starting line because of the traction issues that occurred in addition to the dangers of spraying the motor at lower RPM. You do NOT want detonation with nitrous.

BB3

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
Wow ! Simply another fantastic looking car SunnyDaze. ;D------Bill