Author Topic: Just wanting to say HI again... ha ha  (Read 2665 times)

Offline PewterTa

• FNG !!!
Just wanting to say HI again... ha ha
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »
Hey Guys!

It's Dan from last night, I can't believe I haven't been on this forum in forever...  >:( :-[  I just wanted to say it was a blast last night seeing everyone!!!  Bill (WKHanna) and I will have to stop down more often, we were saying that on the drive back... Been too long!

Definitely had a great time last night meeting everyone "again."  And always good hearing some really nice equipment.  I, and I think Bill will agree, those little Sunfire speakers were mighty impressive for the size!!!!  WOW.  Those Cans were might impressive too.  I'm not a huge fan of headphones except for walking and as a "pass-time" thing...but I really enjoyed those things and it has me thinking otherwise now too.  I don't think they'll compare to my home setup...but for listening when I can't be home... heee heee. Though I have to say I like my Bowers & Wilking C5s just as much, still thinking on the P5 for over the ear ones.  :)

I know I need to get my Rotel RSP-1098 to the shop to get the Op-Amp sockets installed so I can change the op-amps on the unit... just always hard to part for anything for the time to get it done.  ha ha.

Ohh well, just wanted to say HI and Thanks Again!!   ;D :D

Here's a nice picture of my setup at home.... just to get familiar with everyone.  :)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Just wanting to say HI again... ha ha
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
 8) Sweet set up. sorry I could not make it last night - I was on Halloween duty. 

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Beautiful setup.  I could not make it as well, the mrs. and i were celebrating our anniversary.

Offline PewterTa

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!   ;D

Hopefully I'll get to make it to the shop when you guys are there!  Definitely always have a blast going to Tom's Shop!

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
There's several of us in the South Hills, we'll have to have a get together.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:15 AM »
Dan...your system looks super!!!!! Even us southern boys can appreciate good tunes!!!!! Enjoy the music!!!  :D
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline PewterTa

• FNG !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »
Heck yeah!!! Let's have a get together! :D

Wkhanna and I just had a little gathering of a few of us PiTAG'ers (Pittsburgh Audiophile Group) over at my place just the last weekend and I think everyone had a blast even with it only being a few of us and a short meeting as everyone arrived a different times due to unforseen circumstances.

So I'm willing to have a little get together at my place no problem.  I even have the main living room upstairs that has nothing in it at the moment (Sister and her husband were living with me for the last couple years and just left a few months ago) so it's a perfect place for another system or two to be set up.  :D

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
That system looks mighty impressive!  I have yet to really get the opportunity to audition a nice set of Bowers speakers, but yours at least look the part.  Thanks for the compliment on my Sunfires!  I must say I do love them.  Finally picked them up and everything else from the shop.  I hope to get them all set up by Wednesday evening and I will report more on the subject.  If in town still by the next meeting I would love to hear your setup!
Speakers: Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams Reference 18
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)
Preamplifier/DAC/Phono: Phison PD2SE
Server: Pi & NUC
Turntable: VPI HR-X, VdH Colibri XGW