Author Topic: FS: Mac Laptops  (Read 2335 times)

OldiesButGoodies

FS: Mac Laptops
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »
Hey - since I get chiseled for never posting stuff here first:  I am upgrading laptops so will have a few too many spare computers.  One is an original Macbook Air that is in poor cosmetic condition (case) but display and operation is as it should be.

The other is a Macbook Black Intel Core Duo in good shape etc the battery color is white (vs. black). This one has a 500gb drive in it.  Both have mazed out RAM memory. 

If anyone is interested,  PM me.

Regards, OBG

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: FS: Mac Laptops
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »
PM Sent.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
I need a cheap iPad for my non-verbal son to run a speech program (proloquo2go).   His school is recommending it but I'm a PC guy and know not of Macs.   I don't think it will run on your machines, but it says iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.   Any leads from anyone here would be appreciated.

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo2go

Offline treos33

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 01:07:57 PM »
It looks like you need the regular (non-2go) version of their software to use on OBG's laptops.

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo

Proloquo2go is only for iOS (apple's mobile operating system).
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
Interesting, I didn't know there was another version.   I think (but am not sure) that they recommend the "2go" version because he can touch icons on the touch screen.   Pepe, do either of these units have a touch screen (again, I am fairly iIlliterate)?   Thanks.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
An update:

The Macbook Air is on hold for one of you.  The Macbook 13" black has one issue (that they are notorious for)  - the right LCD hinge is broken.  It is a cheap part, but  I did that job on the Air and it is a biatch to do.  Given that they charge $125 to do it I will probably handle it myself or live with the floppy screen for a while.  So that one is not up for sale any more until that is addressed.

Markshan - I have an extra iPad first generation with cover but I am not sure I am ready to part with it as other members of the family use it to some degree and I need to check what their status is.  That said,  if you want to borrow it for a week or so to test the software out,  that would be easy.

Thanks,

Pepe

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
Borrow is a nice offer but you don't know my son.   I wouldn't feel good about that on a couple levels.   If you decide to part with it please let me know.   Thanks.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »
Oh, BTW, no need to test the software for him.   One of his classmates has it and the teacher tells us that Jerome does much better on it than he does on his Dynavox.   That is why they want us to get it.   The fact that his Dynavox still works is why the district won't pay for it (and no, in case anyone gets any bright ideas, smashing the Dynavox isn't a viable option).